Chapter 12- Dinner

I ended up in shotgun because Maria made me for who knows what and Jason drives off. Jason and Maria start singing something on the radio as I stare out the window silent. After two songs that I don't know Jason turns it off and starts talking to me.

Jason: "Why weren't you singing?"

Winter: "I don't know the words. My mom never let me listen to music." I say still looking at the window and the car falls quiet until I break the silence.

Winter: "Were are we going?

Jason: "You two are eating at my house." I then Maria Screams in my ear.

Maria: "YES!"

Winter: "Ow! Maria."

Maria: "Oh my, I'm so sorry Winter. It's just his mom is such a good cook."

Winter: "You've been to his house?"

Maria: "Yes, our moms are like crazy close so we've known each other since birth. Literally we're born 1 hour away from each other and after we got to see each other." She says in her perky voice. Jason gets a phone call so we stay quiet.

Jason: "Hey mom, whass'up. Yes she's coming. I'm 5 minutes away. Ok. Yep. See ya in 5, bye love you." He hangs up. "Sorry my mom was asking when we'll be there."

Winter: "Who does she want there?"

Jason: "What?"

Winter: "You said 'Yes she's coming',
who's she?"

Jason: "Oh well, you." He says awkwardly.

Winter: "Your mom wants to see me?"

Jason: "You'll see." The next 5 minutes was silent and we pulled up to the side of this huge mansion(the picture at the top). The side has a big pool in front of the house.

Winter: "Wow." Jason looks at me weird has he parks.

Jason: "What do you mean wow? You've lived in a mansion your whole life?"

Winter: "Yeah but yours is so modern and beautiful with a pool and mine is older with no pool."

Jason: "Well thanks." He smirks at me as we get out of the car.

I run up to the side of the pool and stare at my reflection for a minute. I have a tank top on and you can see some of the bruise. I feel a hand trace it and look up to see Jason. He looks up surprised and takes his hand away.

Jason: "Sorry. Um... let's go inside. I'll get you something different to wear."

Winter: "It's all right really I don't need it-" but he cuts me off by putting a finger to my mouth. I slowly look down to see his finger and he quickly takes it off and looks away.

Maria: "COME ON SLOW POKES!" Maria yells from the door already half inside. We quickly go in and he takes us to a quest room.

Jason: "Maria you know where the dresses are at, could you help Winter?"

Maria: "Yup! How long do we have?"

Jason: "Be there in 15 minutes." Then he walks out and Maria grabs a dress from a closet.

Maria: "Red for me and..." She pulls out a short beautiful blue dress.

Maria: "And blue for you."

She tells me to put it on so I do and she puts on hers. After she makes me put on makeup even though I told her not to.

 After she makes me put on makeup even though I told her not to

this is me...

and this is Maria

and this is Maria...

Maria: "Yeah Girl! We look great!"
I nod and she smiles at me. I can tell she's sad I can't smile back, but I just... Well I'm not ready, I feel bad but I just can't yet.

We hear a knock on the door and Maria opens it. Jason walks in looking frustrated.

Jason: "You guys are 5 minutes late and-" he looks over and sees me and pauses. "You guys look wonderful let's go." He says not taking his eyes off me even as I exit the room.

When go downstairs I see a tall Latino women and a girl about 11 that looks just like her. Next to the women there is a Latino man who is also tall, all three of them have warm smiles on and it makes me want to just run up to there arms and hug them.

Jason: "Hey mama this is Winter."

Maria: "Hi Sophia, hi Lilly, hi John!" Maria goes around giving them hugs as I stand there awkwardly.

Sophia: "Hello Winter, it is so nice to meet you! I am Sophia and this is my husband John. Oh! And my daughter Lilly, who is 11." I guessed her age right, cool.

Winter: "It is nice to meet you too Mr and Mrs.Diaz, and you to Lilly." I say quietly.

Sophia: "Honey why don't you show us your smile."

Winter: "Smile?" Jason whispers something in her ear and she nods slowly.

Sophia: "Anyway Honey please call me Sophie and my husband John."

Winter: "Really? My mother made me call her Ms.Anderson." Sophia looks at John confused and sad then turns to me with a smile.

Sophia: "Let's eat!" She clasps her hands together and walks out of the room with Jason.

John: "Please everyone sit." So we all sit as Sophia, Jason, and a maid brings out food.

When they sit down everyone is grabbing a lot of food except me.
I sip my water and watch everyone put stuff on there plate. Jason is sitting next to me and he just noticed I didn't take anything so he puts a cheese and chicken omelet on my plate and continues eating.

He looks at me with a stern expression and then points to the food. I sigh and he gets really close and whispers in my ear, "Do you really want to make me feed you in front of my family?" I feel a shiver go down my back as I blush. He smirks and points to my food again. I eat half of my omelet and then Sophia starts talking.

Sophie: "So dear, your an only child?" Uh oh. Why that question? I think I'm hyperventilating. Breath Winter... Breath...

I feel sick but then a hand wraps around mine and I feel better.

...