Chapter 2- A Disappearance

{Georgina's POV}

  As the tour guide continued to mumble in the background, I noticed faint talking in the bathrooms. I knew only one person who was in the bathroom, and Sofie wasn't the type to start up conversations with random strangers. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I realised that the talk had finished, and that the tour guide was now beckoning to me. The crowd had now dispersed, so I was left alone with the woman, and a few mosaic nymphs.

'Miss Eyre, may I ask what caused you to shout while I was talking about Corinthian pillars?' Her voice seemed adenoidal, which had already started to get on my nerves.

'I'm not really sure actually. maybe a ghost was trying to talk to me, or I was possessed by a demon,' I said casually as I observed her. If I was already in trouble, why not make the most of it? She had thin, wispy hair, and a crooked grin to match her nose. I couldn't tell if her hair was deliberately grey, because she didn't seem that old. She wore a repulsive,bright pink jacket with a matching skirt, and a silver necklace going down to her stomach, where there was a cross pendant. I wish that I had noticed that earlier, because now I was definitely screwed.

'I was only joking of course, I mean, I would never dabble in supernatural doings, or pray to Satan. Nope not me, you must have the wrong person,' I spilled out, unable to form full sentences. To my surprise, she smiled, showing her teeth, which were unusually sharp, and tinted purple. I tried to back away, but she grasped an arm around me, and started dragging me down the corridor.

As we walked down, growing ever closer to the bathrooms, I noticed a strange mist thinly coat the air, which seemed to be coming from the toilet. I struggled, but the woman's strength seemed unbearable to break from.

'Someone! Help me!' A man, holding his young child, walked past me, and still did not seem to have heard my cry.

'Oh, young one, you have much to learn. Human's minds are so easy to... manipulate.' Her arm around me tightened, and I felt sharpness dig into my arm. I shouted again, but the public still seemed unaware. Suddenly, without warning, the tour guide dropped me, causing my body to crumple to the floor. My leg had landed in an awkward position, and was starting to ache. As I gazed up, expecting to see the tour guide, I was met with a very different view.

A lion, its fur the colour of sand dunes, was staring at me, a hungry look in its eyes. From out its back, a snake emerged, as a toxic tail. Just as I thought things couldn't get worse, the corridor erupted in flames.