Chapter 22- Georgina Loses Her Non-Existent Dignity

{Alivia's POV}

The smell of smoke seemed to be coming in through the hole in the roof. I hoped that we wouldn't get sued for the damage and end up paying for a replacement. Not that there was much to be sued for in the first place: the car was basically scrap metal being held together by duct tape.

"I think that we should have somebody keep watch,"suggested Sofie.

"Good idea. Who wants to take first watch?" I asked.

"I will." Sofie answered almost immediately.

"Alright. Let's get some rest. Sofie, as soon you get tired, just wake one of us up," I said.

"I never get tired."

"Well, I DO! Goodnight!" Declared Georgina as she spread across the back seats.

"Um. Georgina, I already called back seat," I said awkwardly.

"I call front."

"I already have." Millie replied.

"Well I guess that leaves me with the boot, or the roof."

"I'm going to be up on the roof until I swap places with someone, so unless you would like me to blurt random facts at you all night, you might want to use the boot." Sofie told her. I felt sorry for Georgina, and I would have swapped, but being as tall as I am, I probably wouldn't have been able to fit in there.

Georgina jumped over the back seat, landing with a groan and the sound of bone colliding with metal. From what I could hear, she must have been pushing away our bags. I was proved right when she threw Calcite out, narrowly missing me. Sofie took it, and then started to climb up through the hole I'd previously made.

"Ow, Sofie. That's my hair!" Millie squealed.

"Ow. That's my dignity," Georgina moaned from the boot.

I was sure that an hour had gone by, but I was still nowhere near sleep. Millie kept on snoring, and occasionally Georgina would kick the seat in her sleep. I was stuck between three options: carry on trying to sleep, read, or offer to take watch. I was sure that I wouldn't be able to sleep, and if I pulled out my book, I'd cry. That was when I heard whispers from above me, as if Sofie was having a conversation. I strained my ears to listen to fragments of it. I could hear something about ravens, and it seemed too strange for her to be talking to herself. I crawled over, wondering if I'd be able to see anything from the hole. I made sure not to step on Millie's hair though, unlike Sofie had.

"STOP! Potato..." I jumped at Georgina's sudden sleep-talking. Through the hole I could see Sofie's back, facing some sort of cloud in the air. A figure in black was talking to her through the apparent screen.

"Sofie, I feel like it's not going to be safe for you, this quest. Is there some way that you can abort it?"

"No. We're going to succeed. I don't care if you think it's unsafe."

"But I do." There was a moment of silence between the two, and I was almost sure that Sofie was blushing.

"There's someone watching you." The figure said. I ducked down immediately, wondering what the hell that was all about. I clenched my eyes shut and tried every method to sleeping I knew, praying that I would fall asleep.