Chapter 26- You Have Reached Your Destination

{Alivia's POV} 

The captain told us a few hours beforehand that we'd be arriving soon, but I was still suspicious. I also realised that Sofie probably didn't know that we'd be arriving soon, and Millie and Georgina had bagsied their way out of it, so it was up to me to tell her. I braced myself for immediate death. I knocked on the door, and was surprised when a sword blade didn't come through the door.

"Come in Alivia." I had no idea how she knew that it was me, but I opened the door anyway. Sofie looked terrible. Her blonde hair looked as if she hadn't brushed it in a month, and she had deep purple bags under her eyes. She also seemed to have got even paler, somehow, though most of us hadn't thought it possible.

"You've come to apologise?" She said bluntly, as if it was more a statement than a question.

"Well, actually, we're arriving in a couple of hours."

"Right." We stood in silence, and only after a while I realised that she was expecting me to leave. Being socially awkward is annoying. I walked out, and she immediately slammed the door after me.

"We've arrived!" The captain called out, a while later. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and left the room. I had a feeling that I wouldn't have comfort again for a very long time. I walked with Georgina down the stairs, where we found Millie and Sofie already with the captain. When the captain saw us, he opened up the door to the gangplank, and we were greeted by a beautiful teal sea, and surprising humidity.

"Finally in France." Millie sighed in relief. We walked off, thanked the captain, and then turned to face our surroundings.

"Why is everyone speaking Greek?" Sofie asked us. I couldn't understand what the people were saying, but it didn't sound French.

"Are you sure it's not French?" Georgina asked.

"I'm fluent in both. And you should be able to understand Greek, too." She replied. Dread filled through me. I knew that there had been something going on with the captain. I knew that we shouldn't have trusted him, or Sofie's "friend". I turned around, hoping that there was some chance that we could ask the captain to take us back. The thing was, though, that the luxury cruise ship seemed to have vanished completely. I couldn't see it in the distance, and was starting to wonder whether I was hallucinating.

"The boat. It's gone." My friends turned around, and when I saw their expressions, I was sure that if I was hallucinating, they were too.

"Where do we go, then? We're stuck in Greece, with little to no money, and we're supposed to be in France." Millie said. "All because of Sofie's silly little friend."

As Sofie turned away, I was almost sure that I had seen tears in her eyes. She walked towards a taxi that seemed to be waiting by the pavement, and we hurried after her. We jumped in the back, barely fitting. Then she croaked out,

"To the Parthenon."