Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"No I'm not." I said firmly.

"You are my daughter and I don't want you to live with fairy murderers." Vincent growled at the insult.

"They are not murderers. I care about them and I'm staying here." I stood my ground.

"No, you are not!" He yelled. "You are going to Miami with me and that's final!"

"No!" I shouted back. Tears welled in my eyes.

"Yes, pack your bags. We leave in two days." He got up and left. Before I could stop myself, I started crying. Vincent touched my arm. I looked at him and hugged him, crying into his chest. He rubbed my back to calm me. I couldn't be calmed though. I cried for my mom being in prison and that I'd be leaving some of the people I cared about.

"Kendall can come visit you." He said warmly.

"You too, Vincent."

"You want me to visit you?" He asked me stunned.

"Yes, you've helped my mom, Kendall, and me. You're really important to me." I mumbled through tears.

"You're important to me too, brown eyes." He said and then he went to the kitchen. Grabbing me a plate, he served me pasta.

"You aren't going to eat?" He shook his head.

"Unlike Kendall who lives off human food and blood, I only drink blood." He explained.

After I ate, I went to bed. I wondered how I was going to see Kendall when I was in Miami. I'm not going to Miami. I'm staying in Manhattan.