Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Kendall pulled into my driveway and we went inside. My mom was in the kitchen. You wouldn't believe who was with her. I rolled my eyes. Henry followed my mom around the room. I turned to Kendall.

"Do you want to go upstairs?" Kendall nodded. Henry wrinkled his nose as if there was a bad smell.

"I don't think you should be in her bedroom alone." He scolded. My mom looked at Henry, then at us and back to Henry.

"Stay down here and watch TV. I bet Gossip Girl is on." She said. I shrugged and went to the couch. Kendall followed. Henry glared at him. He glared back, not at all intimidated. I turned on the television to Gossip Girl. We watched to the show and my mom and Henry walked around the kitchen. They were so loud I could barely hear Jenny Humphrey’s voice. I got up to get water. "Kendall, do you want water?"

"Sure." I opened the fridge. I could feel Henry's gaze on me. He came up to the fridge and grabbed a soda.

"Have you thought anymore of what I asked?" He whispered. I shook my head and grabbed two waters. I went back to the living room to finish Gossip Girl.

Neal Bartron sat in his car, waiting for Henry Wottsman. He was meeting him to tell him to leave the fairy's mother alone. He'd tell him it was for a different approach, when actually he just wanted Henry out of the picture. He wanted to handle this situation alone. Henry was taking a long time and Neal was getting impatient. The car door on the passenger side opened and close. Neal snapped out of his thoughts.

"Neal, why did you call me?" Henry asked.

"I want to change our plans." Neal explained. He watched Henry's face fill with concern. "You need to break up with Cynthia."

"Why?"

"I have a new plan?" Henry examined his face, trying to decide what he was up to.

"It's still in progress, but it's so much better this way." He lied. Henry shrugged and left. Neal stayed in his car and planned his next move.

My mom, Kendall, and I sat at the table with a big bowl of pasta. I ate a forkful of noodles. My mom and Kendall were in a deep conversation, as my expense.

"When Vivian was little, she loved Winnie the Pooh. She had him as an imagery friend." She told Kendall. He listened and nodded.

"I loved him too." Kendall smiled at me. "Another thing we have in common." We did have a lot in common; from the books we both liked the same food. There was a knock at the door and my mom went to answer it. I watched her walk out the door and pad away. We got up and looked out the window. She was with Henry. Her face seemed tormented. Henry was talking to her rapidly. She hurried to the front door. Kendall and I rushed back to the table. My mom came in and slammed the door.

"Mom." I said urgently. "What's wrong?" She shook her head. I put my hand on her shoulder, but she brushed me off and jogged upstairs.

I glared at the door. "I'll kill him." I started for the door, but Kendall stopped me.

"Wait until you're calmed down." He rubbed my shoulders.

"Fine." I growled. I sat on the couch and tried to calm myself. A few minutes later, Vincent came through the door.

"Hello." He said cheerfully. He saw our face and stopped short. "What's wrong?" We told him what happened. He was just as angry as I was.

"I'll kill him." He repeated what I had said earlier.

"You and me both." I muttered. He met my gaze.

"We'll get him, brown eyes." I nodded. Kendall took my hand. I gave him a small smile and went to find my mom. She sat on her bed; her face was in her hands. I put my hand on her back.

"I'm sorry mom." She stayed silent. I moved next to her and hugged her side. We sat there in silence.

Kendall Sparks sat in the Donaldson living room. Vincent Bloomingdale was at his side. They both waited for Cynthia and Vivian to come downstairs. Vincent stood from the couch.

"I have something I need to do." He walked out the door. Kendall knew he was up to something.

Henry Wottsman was walking down the street, thinking of what his plans could be. Next thing he knew was that he was pinned against the wall. All he saw was red hair.

"You're going to pay for hurting her."