Chapter 19

Chapter 19

The weekend went by fast and soon it was Monday. I walked to band with my clarinet when I saw Principle Saltzman arguing with someone. The person was Henry. They were talking fast and whipping their arms around.

"You shouldn't be on school property." Mr. Saltzman yelled.

"I can be where I want to be." Henry fired back. His blonde hair fell into his face.

"Why are you here?" Mr. Saltzman tried to remain calm.

"To see Vivian Donaldson." Henry stated. I quickly hid behind the corner.

"Well I'm sorry, she's in class."

"Call her to the office, now." Henry snapped. Mr. Saltzman went to his office and announced my name. I gave it a minute or two; then came out of my hiding spot. I walked into the office.

"You wanted to see me." I said trying to sound oblivious. Mr. Saltzman nodded and Henry popped out.

"Hello Vivian." He stood in front of me.

"What do you want, Henry?" I asked.

"Can't a man come see his girlfriend's daughter without wanting something?"

"Not when it's you. Why don't you tell me why you're here instead of acting like you brought me cupcakes?" I snapped. Mr. Saltzman looked at me and nodded.

"I see you can handle yourself. Call me if you need me." He left us alone.

"Alright, I hear you have a plan for my downfall. What is it?" As if I was going to tell him.

"We don't have one." I lied. He shook his head and moved closer to me.

"We both know that's not true." He tried to make eye contact with me, but I looked away.

"You should go." I said. He shrugged and left. Mr. Saltzman came back in.

"Go back to class, Miss Donaldson." I walked out of the office and went to the band room. I really wanted to tell Kendall and Vincent about it, but I had to finish the school day.

After my last period, I met Kendall and we went to his car. He drove to my house, expression blank. I wanted to wait until Vincent was around to tell him. We walked into the house and Vincent was waiting. I told them everything about the office. Kendall took my hand.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He asked.

"I wanted to wait until you two were together." I answered honestly. He sucked in a breath and nodded. He wasn't happy, but he didn't say anything.

"Well Henry is on to us." Vincent chimed in.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"Just ignore him. He has no idea what we’re doing, anyway." Kendall and I nodded. My mom came through the door, Henry on her arm. They sat on the couch. We all sat in silence. I grabbed two waters out of the fridge and handed one too Kendall. He accepted it. Vincent stood to leave, waiving at me and Kendall as he did. Kendall wrapped his arm around me. I leaned into him. My mom and Henry left the room.

The next day, my dad came over and wanted to talk to me and Kendall. We sat on the couch.

"Skylar doesn't want to hang out with you, anymore." My dad said.

"We didn't exactly hit it off." I responded.

"Well, I hope we can fix that." My dad stated. I shrugged in agreement. He grabbed his coffee and took a sip.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"What she means to say is that she'd love that." Kendall took my hand.

"Yes, that's what I meant." I agreed. My dad smiled at us and stood to leave.

"I'll see you later." He went out the door.

"I'm not sure Skylar will ever like me." I looked at Kendall. He shook his head.

"That's her loss." I cuddled up to him and laid my head on his chest. He put his arm around.

"Why don't we just relax while we can?" Kendall suggested.

"That's sound great." I pulled myself closer to him. We stayed like that and talked for hours. What we didn't know was Friday was coming sooner than we thought.