Game Jaaaam!

So yeah, spent my weekend making a game at a competition. Here is an abbreviated story of it. Feel free to ask questions if I need to elaborate more lol.

Just in case we have new readers, a game jam is a competition where a group of people comes together to make video games in a small time period, such as 24, 48, or 72 hours. You start and stop making the game in that time period. Most of the time you are given a prompt for your game to meet.

We actually had two prompts this time: "Through the Wormhole" and "A Lonely Pixel." We went with "Through the Wormhole." There were 44 participants, 14 teams, and about 41 hours of game making.

Our game is about a space worm fleeing from the planet of the space eagles, solving puzzles along the way. The special mechanic that our game utilizes is that you can go underground and get different views of the puzzles in the world, as well as move past obstacles and stuff.

We once again made a blanket fort, although this one was smaller and didn't last as long.

We got very, very tired lol.

I got to talk with one of the four developers of the popular game "Enter the Gungeon" and I now have his contact info :3

As usual, we did all art, music, programming (including the game engine), and level design ourselves. This time, however, I did all but one music tracks in the game, one of which I'm proud of, in addition to all the programming.

Aaaaaand...

We won first place! :3

Yep, our game apparently rekt the competition. We even got an amount of prize money which I proooobably shouldn't disclose to everyone XD

If you want to check our game out, it can be found at https://pi-memorizer.itch.io/brave-new-worm or alternatively by searching "Brave New Worm" on "itch.io". It is a Windows game.

See you all later :D