Breakdown

Chapter 18: Breakdown

Gabe POV:

It's been like 1 hour since we left Camp Lifetime. I've never been this happy in my entire life. I was still Jake's partner though.

Now, we're gonna stop off for a moment.

I looked out the window, and turns out we're stopping to eat dinner at Pizza Hut.

It's like 6:00 already. We'll be here for an hour and would reach home at about 8:00pm.

Gosh, still 2 more hours till I get to go to bed at home.

We all get out of the bus and run towards Pizza Hut with huge smiles on our faces.

I guess to other people, we looked like a mad mob of cows. Whatever.
All I care about right now is that we get to eat.

------------------------------------------

It's about 7:00 now. That means we gotta leave quickly in order to reach home on time.

I couldn't help to notice that Teddy looked a little down. I wanted to go and confront her, but she had Ivy.

I don't ever understand her problems and how would I be able to help her? I'm only 14 and she's graduating in as soon as we return back home.

There's absolutely nothing I could do.

I just ignored her and went back to the bus when I already saw a bunch of people huddling together by the bus with worried faces.

I just come out a few seconds later than the rest and something bad happens. Great.

I run up to them and ask Jake what's wrong. I look around once more, still confused about the situation.

The bus driver was out, looking quite stressed and worried at the same time.

Jake took a while to answer me, "Dude, there's something wrong with the bus."

"What?!" I said, alarmed. No, this just can't happen. I was waiting to go home all this time.

I can't be stuck out here without seeing my brother and parents.

These past few days have been quite tough for me. First of all, I lose my girlfriend, then some stupid nonsense happens at that dumb camp...

I was biting my lip and staring at the bus.

There was a whole bunch of people surrounding me, going all mental. Then, there was me.

I was standing in complete shock and terror. I overheard a couple of people saying the bus broke down and we won't be able to get home on time.

Teddy POV:

Is there some sort of curse? I mean, nothing good came out of this trip. Right now, I really have to go home.

"Students! If you all have your phones please call your families to inform them about this minor setback!" a teacher yelled out.

I did what I was told and took out my phone. The battery just went out as soon as I turned it on. I decided to go to Gabe and call using his phone. I doubt he would listen to the teacher.

But when I walked towards him, I saw that he already had his phone out and was trying to call home. I was surprised.

"Seriously!?" I said to him, laughing.

"What?! I'm just..." I cut him off. "Just admit it. You miss home!" I mocked.

One good thing about this trip is that Gabe and I have become closer as siblings. Before, I have to say, we were so...distant.

We hardly did anything together and we were like two opposites. But now, that's a bit different.

"No, I don't!" He said, deffensively. "Yes you do!" I continuously said. I then grabbed the phone out of his hand and dialed the home number.

No one picked up.

I dialed it a couple more times, then I got fed up. "Just call PJ's cell!" Gabe said, annoyed.

So, I did that and PJ picked up.

"Hey, um, we might be running a little late." I started telling him. I put the phone on speaker so Gabe could hear too.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, it's just that-" I started saying until Gabe cut me off. "Let's cut to the chase, our bus broke down and they don't know when it'll be fixed." Gabe said, quickly. PJ didn't answer.

"Are you at home now?" I asked him. "Uh, no. I'm cleaning up at my apartment. Dad's at home with Charlie and Toby." he replied.

"Oh, well he must've been wrapped up with them. I called home a couple of times and no one answered." I said.

"Yeah, true. He's got a whole handfull without Mom." he said. Gabe and I exchanged a look. I took the phone off speaker and had a private conversation with PJ.

"What happened to her?" I asked, worried.

"Nothing much, she...just went back to work."

How could she do that? I guess Dad took it off today, but the rest of the time PJ would have to take care of them. That's so...unlike Mom. You know, to put so much pressure on him.

PJ and I talked for a little bit longer and then we said our good byes. I gave the phone to Gabe so they could have some bro time since they won't be seeing each other soon.

After our phone call ended, a teacher made another announcement:

"We are far away from any repair store. But, we have found a different bus that'll be here in about 2 hours. We might be back in the school at night so, be ready."

I was quite disappointed by that news, but I gotta make the most out of it.

Look on the bright side, at least I won't have to see Spencer tonight.

But I have a longer time with Vonnie.

I saw her and Kelsey still gushing over....him and anger rushed through my blood again.

At that very moment, I made up my mind... Spencer was mine. Vonnie doesn't deserve him.

I still love him, I just don't know what to do now.