The New Guy

SORRY THIS IS EXTREMELY LATE!!!

Chapter 33: The New Guy

Teddy POV:

I needed a bit of time to myself, so I decided to go on a stroll through the city. I had to leave my broken cellphone with Dad and borrowed his instead.

Florida is quite beautiful, I haven't really gotten the chance to do some sightseeing; with everything that's happening in my life now.

I carried a small strapped purse with me, since my shorts didn't have pockets. The sun was blazing hot, I'm sweltering. I continued walking and took out my dark purple sunglasses. There was one problem though.

I just couldn't find it.

"Ugh, where is it?" I grunted.

I dropped a lot of things as I was searching but didn't really care. I was so flustered.

"Hey! Wait up!" I heard a man's voice yell from behind.

I turned around and saw this...guy, running towards me.

He had blonde hair, blue eyes and I have to say, a really weird looking nose.

My heart skipped a beat as I got a glance of his pearly whites. He was holding up a bunch of my pens, pencils and a tube of lipgloss that fell out of my bag.

"Sorry, I-" was all I could manage to say.

"It's ok, I think these are yours." he said giving me my belongings.

"I'm get really clumsy when I'm annoyed." I blurted out, still trying to apologize to this guy.

"No worries. I didn't catch your name..." he said.

"Oh, it's Teddy." I replied.

"As in Theodora?" he said.

"Um, I guess so..." this is weird, how does he at least have an inkling about what my name is? Most guys, like Spencer and Beau looked at me really weirdly when I mentioned my name. This guy, is so calm...

"What's yours?" I asked.

"Kevin..."

"You sound unsure." I said.

"No I'm sure, you're speaking to Kevin J. Carter."

"Well, nice to meet you then, Kevin. I gotta get going." I mentioned.

"Where are you off to?" he asked.

"Uh, nowhere exactly. Just a midday stroll." I said. For a guy who I just met on the street, I have to say he is pretty nice. And good-looking.

He flipped his blond bangs and wiped the sweat off his large forehead.

"Oh, do you live here?" he asked.

"No. My family's on a vacation for two months." I didn't mention the whole dad job thing. I don't want to tell the guy on the first meet that my dad works in the bug business.

"That's really long." he mumbled.

We stood in awkward silence for a couple seconds.

"Well, I'm gonna..." I started.

"Me too."

"See you later, Kevin." I stretched out my hand for him to shake it but he put a small paper in my hand. It had his number on it.

"Call me, Teddy." He smiled showing off every single one of his pearly whites.

And just like that, the best moment so far of my Florida vacation ended.