Chapter 14: Mrs. Clucks

Fionna's POV

Marshall and I looked for the chicken until it was morning, but I had to look for her (yes, 'her'. Because I don't like calling anyone by 'it'. And...I'm sure the chicken's a girl.) myself cuz Marsh can't stay out at the sun. Crumps..I'll never find her.

"Fi, let's just get another one!!" Marshall kept nagging. I wasn't going to give up because I don't want to see that cranky, old farmer again. He makes me lose my marbles!!
"Here, Mrs. Clucks!!"
Don't laugh...As I told you before, I don't like calling anyone by 'it' and Mrs.Clucks was all I could think of.
"Mrs.Clucks?" Marshall laughed.
"As if you can think of a nice name, Marshall Lee" I huffed, still looking.

My hands were waving around on a bush, hoping to find Mrs. Clucks.
I pushed my arms through the bush and waved em around.

CLUCK! CLUCK!

Shades of brown sprung up and ran in a second and from that moment, I think I felt feathers.
"MRS. CLUCKS!!" I chased Mrs. Clucks around, begging Glob to make the chicken get tired of running or stop.
I was running out of breath. I don't think I can run much longer. I heard a chuckle and an unexpected fast, cold breeze rushed past me as I stopped running.
Clucks were followed after and I followed the noise. "Mrs. Clucks?".
Marshall, with his umbrella in his right hand and Mrs. Clucks pecking him on the left. I laughed as he got pecked. "ARE YOU GOING TO GET THIS MRS. CLUCKS OF YOURS FROM ME OR WHAT?!" Marshall screeched which made me laugh harder.
This made him leave (mrs. clucks is still pecking him. X'D).

"Hey! Wait up!" I ran after Marshall.
I finally caught up to him and took Mrs. Clucks from him. I put Mrs. Clucks in my bag (Hopefully she'd stay there..). "Hey" I said.
Marshall didn't reply and was like ignoring me (is this what you call 'the silent treatment'?). I pouted.
"C'mon, Marshy!! Fi fi's sorry" I looked at him again to see if he smiled or anything. Nothing.

Marshall's POV

"C'mon, Marshy!! Fi fi's sorry" I heard Fi say. I wanted to laugh so hard! But you know, it's fun teasing her.
I kept my cool as she kept trying to make me talk.
"MAARSSHHHYYY!!! Ugh. Fine then. I'll make Mrs. Clucks beat you up again." My eyes widened. "FIONNA, DONT YOU DARE!!" I ordered.
Bunny giggled and then laughed at my reactions.
So much for silent treatment...
I chuckled.

~*~

We brought the chicken to where Fi said was Beemo cooking.
"Fionna! What happened?" Beemo said in her robotic, little voice. Food was prepared and a happy monster was eating at the table.

"Beemo..do you still need the chicken?" Fionna asked in a sad tone.
"Beemo will not need chicken anymore. Beemo waited for Fionna too long and made something else." After hearing that, Fionna looked relieved. It was obvious coz she gave a large sigh (of relief).

She took out the chicken from her green old backpack (geez..when's she gonna get a new one?).
The chicken clucked and clucked that I think my ears are going to explode!! The dude (or girl?) that was eating at the table from before came and looked at the chicken. It took the loud bird in its arms as Fi was going to take out her sword. But then the giant hugged the flappy bird, Fi didn't bother to take it out.

I gave a loud yawn. "Agh. I'm hungry. Let's eat."

~*~

We got back on our quest to get- what was it again...oh yeah! plant.

Beemo was in Fi's backpack and whenever Fi would get tired, I would pick her up on my back or in my arms. When I'm tired, I would turn into a bat and rest in bunny's hat.

It took a week to get to the plant. But without stopovers or rests we would have gotten there in 5 days.
We fought all sorts of creatures in the way. Fi and I talked a lot along the way.We laughed about how Gumwad would always scream or flinch at everything. What a wad. And how Cake would go nuts every time she sees me.

There were times when we got too close to each other, accidentally but Beemo kept ruining them by screaming, "EEEEEEE". I was finding her annoying but not really coz without her we don't have video games and couldn't have solved a puzzle.

~*~

"Welp, I guess we take this to Gumwad now, huh?" I smiled, looking at the bright, glowing, peach-coloured, plant. Fi smiled. "Yep" She replied.
"It was fun." I said.
Fi laughed. "Well, what are we doing here? Let's take this to PG!"
"Heh. Yea, okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for speeding up their adventure.
I thought that you guys might be getting bored and I really suck at describing fighting junk. I also thought that it'll take too long and I might get lazy and forget to update so yeaaa...
Thanks for all the support, you guys!