Chapter 28: Swimming

Fionna's POV

I knew Marshall was giving me the chance to run away, so I used that opportunity to dash away from him.

There was this saying Cake was talking about. Was it, "If opportunity hits, grab it?" Or "If opportunity comes, follow it?" Meh, they mean the same thing anyways.

As I was looking for a spot to hide, I bumped into a tree? Yeah, it was a tree. I then heard some whispers going on. Ice Queen and Flame Prince? I know, I know. I shouldn't be eavesdropping, right? Well, Marshall does it so why can't I? I crouched down and made sure my rabbit ears didn't pop out behind the tree.

"Hey, I'm sorry!!" I heard Ice Queen.

"Sorry? That's it?" Flame Prince spat.

I scratched my head. What were they talking about. "C'mon, FP! Give me another chance!!"

Oh glob. What if... No.

FP and Ice Queen can't be dating.

I mean, I've got a whole bunch of reasons why they shouldn't date. Uh they are total opposites? And FP would just melt Ice Queen if they kiss. Hey, I'm just saying what I think, okay? But I guess if Flame Prince is happy then fine okay.

"Fine! Fine! I'll give you another chance. Just, don't ruin this for me." I heard FP sigh. Then, "Boo!" I held my breath to not yell or shout then I slapped Marshall's shoulder. "Ow-" He started, but I covered his mouth with my hand and raised my finger in front of my lips to shush him. "Shh!"

He raised an eyebrow but I ignored. I wanted to know what's going on between Flame Prince and Ice Queen. Although, I was too late. They already left when I turned around to listen to them again.

Sighing, I gave the stupid, vampire king another slap on the shoulder. "Ow!!" I grumbled, "Quit being a baby." Marshall pouted a little then mumbled, "I'm not a baby," I crossed my arms and huffed. "I'm your baby." He smirked then laughed.

Seriously, if he talks again I'll- "Fi-" Like I said, I'll punch him if he ever talks again. And I did. "FOR GLOB'S SAKE, FI!!" He cried, rubbing his cheek.

I giggled at his reaction, "You're such a dork." Then he stuck his snake-like tongue out at me.

-

We fought evil elves, a unicorn that we thought was a beautiful angel but actually was pure evil, and ate some chocolate birds while we were in the Candy Kingdom. Marshall didn't really do much work, he stayed sleeping, bat form, in my backpack and only came out when I asked him to. Which I didn't.

"Hey, Fi!" Marshall poked his head out from the bunny hat I'm wearing. "What? You don't like it in my hat, now?" I said annoyed, recalling earlier when he wanted to move from my backpack to my hat. "What? No, I like it here." I felt him moving around on my head, tugging my hair a little.

We were on a mini quest to find some manly-sized toads that burp out treasure. An old man told us that while we were eating some chocolate birds. Well, I ate the chocolate birds, Marshall can't. He said that they live in a pond that you'll find the closest to the Candy Kingdom. And right now, we were wandering around searching for it.

"I can't wait till we find it!" I'm not really interested in the treasure but wouldn't it be math to see toads burping out golden coins? Well, you don't see that everyday. Marshall poked his head out again, (It's kind of cute, actually. I mean, he's in bat-form.) "Why are we looking for frogs, anyway?" He asked, looking at me with black beady eyes. "Toads, you mean?" I asked, grinning. "Yeah, same thing." He retorted. I laughed quietly then paused. We both paused.

We heard croaking-frog noises! I'm pretty sure frogs and toads make similar noises. "Shh!" I shushed Marshall. "I didn't even say anything!" I followed the noise with Marshall in my hat. "He said they live in a pond, right?" I asked Marshall about what the old man told us earlier to make sure. "I didn't really pay attention." I slapped my forehead for expecting a good answer from him. "I'm kidding, Fi. If it's a toad we're looking for they wouldn't live in the pond. But if that's what the old man said then maybe they do live in the pond." I fell silent. Who knew he knew a lot about frogs and toads.

The noise led me to an opening covered by loose vines. I took out my sword to cut through and walked to where there was more light, another entrance. When I walked out, it was already dark. Stars were already scattered across the blue painted sky. I followed the noise which led me to a pond, like the man said. But if the toads are huge then why can't I see them? Aren't ponds a little more shallow?

"So? Where are the toads?" Marshall asked me. "I don't know." I muttered. I hummed and pressed my finger to my bottom lip. I took off my backpack and placed it on the ground then took the hair tie from my wrist. You'll never know when you need it. I took off my bunny hat, making Marshall fall out too. I tied my hair up into a ponytail as I looked at the pond. "What are you doing?" I heard Marshall ask.

"I'm going to go swimming."

-

I took off my shoes then my socks. Marshall turned back to normal and floated close to me, "I'm not coming." I looked back at him who was crossing his arms, grinning with an eyebrow raised. He must be thinking that if he doesn't go, I won't go. Hah.

"Uh, sure. But I still wanna see the toads." I told him. "But, Fi-" Before I could let him finish, I jumped in the pond. I was right, it was deep. I wonder if I can hold my breath long enough.

I hope so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Thank you so much, guys! *cries* Thank you for reading and voting (even though it's not even that good) I never expected to have this much votes and reads! I'm so sorry for not updating. I'll make it up to you, all! (somehow)

Cya <3