Chapter 29: Toad Village

Fionna's POV

Good thing I conquered my fear cause then that would be really annoying. I wouldn't get to see burping toads! I swam and swam but the deeper I went the more my head kept hurting.

I then saw light beneath me, is it the toads? I swam further. Water was still surrounding me like walls and because the water's see through, you can see what's going on outside of it. So I looked through the water and there I saw a little village. Oh, and guess what? Toads!! They were just like the candy citizens from the Candy Kingdom, except, toads. Wait, Uh oh, I really need air. I can't breathe. I tried not to panic but it was killing me! I started waving my arms around to start swimming upwards but as I waved, I felt my arm go though the water. Maybe I can just force my way out the water or do I even have to force? I stuck my arm in and out of the 'water wall' and smiled cause it was fun. But I can't waste any more time so my feet kicked and my arms dug (or swimming), then out I went! I landed on one of the roofs then looked up at where I came from. The water was just floating above me and it wasn't held by anything! It's just there!

I climbed down from the roof and landed on my wet, naked feet. Some toads looked at me like I was crazy or maybe because they have never seen someone like me before. I walked away from the questioning toads awkwardly and then continued to my quest. Until I saw Marshall above me. Not above me, but I mean in the water that's floating weirdly above the village which is above me because I am in that village. He then saw me looking at him then started to open his mouth to say something but failed and choked instead. I laughed like crazy and I felt tears on my cheeks because it was just so funny! I'm sure he was trying to scold me. I looked back at him who was still choking on water. I should probably help him.

I climbed up one of the houses and got on the roof. I stuck my hand through and grabbed him by the shirt then pulled him out. He coughed and coughed, "W-what...the...lump?!!" He said between coughs and pants. "I know right!! It's so cool!" I answered. "No, I meant you just jumping in like that-" he said but got cut off by the coughs. Geez, what a drama queen. I rolled my eyes at him. "C'mon, drama queen! Let's go find the burping toads!" I said to him walking away. "H-hey! Wait!!" he yelled as I chuckled.

-

We couldn't find the burping toads. I thought that all of the toads here burp out treasure but they don't. Marshall and I went to a restaurant to look for burping toads but they all just burped like we all do, with a croaky noise. We also asked random toad peeps to burp. Nice ones replied with, "Oh! Um okay?" or "Sure!" But some that didn't understand answered with, "I beg your pardon?!" or "Rude!!"

We hung around at a table outside a shop. My chin rested on my bawled fists while my elbows were on the table. Awkward silence went on for a few minutes until Lee broke it with,"Instead of asking them to burp, why not just ask them where to find toads that burp out treasure?" I looked at him and paused. "Are you okay? You've been using more brains lately." I giggled and punched him playfully. "Yeah! Let's go do that!!"

-

We asked and asked until we finally got an answer from someone! (Others thought we were crazy) This toad was old and had a long white beard with a matching moustache, he held those sticks that old people usually have. The toad said, "He was my best friend once!" Then Marshall and I both widened our eyes and said,"Do you know where he is?!" The old toad gave sad smile. "I left him in that cave..." he said sadly. "Where's the cave?" I asked. He sighed then said,"Just by the tree with golden leaves. I left him there that time-" I cut him off, "Marshall, I think we passed that!!" Marshall nodded. "When we were young we used to-" He began but Marshall and I already bid our goodbye and went. We had no time for storytelling, we wanted to see what's real.

-

~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I've been feeling like this story is just stupid because it really has no plot and I just keep throwing random things to it. But then you guys keep voting and reading! I really don't understand why you'd keep reading... Thank you for the votes and comments!

I'll try to update every week :)