Chapter 30: Queen

Fionna's POV

We made it to the golden tree.

"Where do you think it is, man?" I asked Marshall. "I dunno but I found this little house." he said pointing to a small house. Its door was an arch shape and its height was just above my knees. I reckon we could crawl through to enter.

I crouched in front of the door and opened the door. "We can crawl through!" I said looking back at Marshall. Marshall looked uncomfortable when I said that. Maybe he's scared of small and tight places. "Y-you sure?" he asked stuttering.

"You can stay if you want. I'll go by myself." I assured. "No, no. I'm fine but it's just that..." I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Hurry up and say it already!!" I told him. "WELL IT'S JUST THAT I DONT THINK YOU'LL FIT!!" he spilled. I paused and tried to process what he was saying.

"No no!! Don't take it wrong! I didn't mean it that way!!" he panicked. "What..." I didn't get what he was saying but I know that I can fit through the door. I started crawling through the door. "You can wait-" I got stuck.

"Um..." I hummed. I heard laughing from out of the building. Aghr, he's so annoying. "Shut up, Marshall!!" "You should've...listened to me!! Haha!!" he said between laughs. I blew some hair out of my face out of anger. I tried pushing myself out and try to get the other half of my body inside the house. Nope, I'm stuck. I huffed irritatedly with a sigh coming after. Why isn't Marshall helping me? Wait, why isn't he saying anything? "Marshall?" I called out but got nothing in reply. That's great. I was stuck and alone. I groaned and kept trying to get myself out.

Not a while later, I heard croaking. Toads? Oh my glob, please help me. A toad's head popped out from a dark corner of the house. "Um, heeey." I greeted nervously. The toad wasn't like the others that are huge and almost bigger than me. This one looked normal and ordinary. It hopped over to me and croaked. But it started to get louder and more like an alarm. I covered my ears. What was that toad's problem?!

The noise started to die down and I was really thankful. I don't think my ears could take it anymore. But you can never be too happy because I felt the whole house flying!! My legs couldn't feeling the ground anymore and I held my breath the higher the house went. A minute later, I got pulled out of the door. Thank you! My stomach can breathe!

I smiled but burped straight right after. Whoops.. "Excuse me." I chirped. I looked at my hero, a toad. I wonder if this one can speak. "My queen?" it said. Hold on, what? Queen? "My queen! Where have you been all this time?!" The giant squeezed me tight in its huge arms. Slimy..

But where was Marshall though?

~~~~~~

Author's note:

OMG IM SO SORRY!! I EVEN SAID I'LL TRY TO UPDATE EVERY WEEK!! THANK YOU FOR WAITING! And sorry that it's so short. Cya