Part 27: No

It's been a week. A whole week and I still haven't talked to Max. It's our championship tomorrow and this whole thing is stressing me out.

I know Max hurt me but I miss him.

And Jess's parents are getting annoyed with me there all the time. So I decided I would go see Max today.

I knocked on the door and Max opened it. His eyes widened at the sight of me. He looked terrible. I mean still hot, but his hair was messed up, and it looked like he hasn't slept.

"Riley. I'm so sorry... please let me explain." He begged.

"Okay." I said, walking in and sitting on the couch.

"That girl, she's my ex." He started. I felt tears well up in my eyes.

He took a breath and continued "she came here and I promise I was trying to get her to leave but she wouldn't, she tried kissing me and I didn't let her. She just wouldn't leave or stop. Riley, please believe me. I love you and I would never hurt you."

I felt the tears stream down my face.

"Babygirl... I'm so sorry." He whispered.

By now I was sobbing and I jumped, yes I literally jumped onto his lap and hugged him. I hugged him as if there was no tomorrow.

I felt him tense but soon enough he hugged me back. We stayed hugging for a while, so I rested my head on his shoulder. He moved us so he was laying on the couch with his arms around me, and I was beside him, my face buried in his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Max." I whispered. I don't know why I was apologizing, but I felt the need to. I missed him so much.

"Babe, you have nothing to apologize for. This ones on me." He replied.

"Are we back together?" I asked him, hopefully.

"No." He replied.

"W-what?" I asked looking up.

"I'm kidding babe." He replied.

That was not funny. When he saw my hurt expression he pulled me closer and said "sorry babe."

"It's okay." I replied.

I realized that at that moment, I needed him. He made me happy. He should know...

"Max?" I said.

"Yeah?"

"When we where apart, I realized how badly I need you. And I want you to know I love you so much more then words can explain." I replied.

"I love you too." He whispered.

We laid there for a while, enjoying each other's company until we fell asleep.