Epilogue

After Rowan and Cal left, Lisa headed back to her lab where she created The Guardians who saught out and protected the supernatural. Vanessa joined a coven of witches and is now a first grade witch with incredible talent and skill. Rowan practised her skills of light but will never be as strong without training, she will always be more of water than of light. Rowan gave birth to a beautiful merbaby girl who they named Skyla. They hope she will be able to grow up on land and live with humans like a regular girl. Well, as regular as possible for a mermaid. But they know that they can never go back. Vanessa and Lisa do call on her sometimes and they meet on the shores of Saint Avons but Rowan has never grown legs since she left. She has never felt the hard floor under her feet or breathed the polluted air. She kept her gills under the water but stayed in touch with them as much as possible. When Skyla grows old enough they will send her to school where she will learn basic life skills but she will still come home in the night to the water. Rowan lives peacefully with Cal in the deep waters where they cant be found. She thought it was all over. Her part was. But her daughter's isn't.