Chapter Sixteen- The Vision

The group of people surrounding her looked a lot like every other person she'd ever seen... except slightly cooler. They all had fashionable haircuts, it looked like even the men were wearing eye-liner. They somehow all had very well put-together outfits. They looked like they were right out of a very high-end fashion magazine.... not that she ever read those. She looked down at her own outfit... and quickly realized she was in a bathing suit. Oh. My. God! She quickly snapped thinking of an outfit that would match their's in coolness. When she looked down again, she figured she had a close approximation.

"Impressive," said the handsome man. She looked at him.

"Who are you?" she asked. She would have asked why she was there, but she figured she already knew the answer to that question.

"I am Killian," he replied.

"Are you, like, the leader of the Darkfolk World or something impressive like the that?" He laughed a little bit at her question, which made her immediately wary of him.

"No, no... that would be my father. He sent me to greet you. I think he hopes you'll like me."

"Yeah, well, bust on that so far. I don't like being ripped away from my world and my friends without warning," growled Samantha. Growled? Samantha smiled to herself. She sounded so dangerous. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"You have a lot of attitude for someone who's so short," he said lightly.

"Yeah, well, good things come in small packages," Darn it. There go any points I might have gained for sounding dangerous, she thought. Killian gave a sharp laugh.

"I guess," he said. He started to walk towards the door with a wave of his hand, "Come. We have some things to discuss." Sam looked around her. All of the other people in the room were armed and they were looking at her as they started to walk. When she didn't move, they all stopped and looked at her. "Oh, come along, they won't go ahead of you," said Killian. Samantha rolled her eyes, and quickly studied each face of the people surrounding her. She wanted to recognize them later on. She fell into line and followed Killian out the door and into the hallway.

Samantha looked at her surroundings. They were very grand. There was a lot of gold and a lot of red. The pairing of colours reminded her of her Stylo. She felt for it in her pocket, but it wasn't there. Nothing like catching someone in their bathing suit to ensure they are defenceless, she thought. She would have to remember that for thefuture.

Killian led her into a large room with an imposing table with several chairs around it. She noticed that everything that could be elaborately carved, was. Quite stunning, all around. She turned her gaze to Killian, who was looking at her.

"So?" she prompted.

"I think we have a lot to discuss. Don't you?"

"I really don't know," she said, a little petulantly.

"Well, have the Witchfolk tried to talk you into being on their side?"

Samantha tilted her head at an angle and watched Killian carefully, "Are you trying to talk me into being on your side?"