Chapter Nineteen - Plans Laid

"What have you done? The Fabrics are so shaken they're barely even there," said Lilith furiously.

"The Fabrics will be fine. They just need to adjust," replied Tyler with cool confidence. Lilith was taken aback. Who does this upstart think he is?  thought Lilith with seething anger.

"What do you know about the Fabrics, Tyler? What have you two done?" Lilith demanded.

"I don't think we've met," Samantha looked at Lilith with genuine confusion. "Am I supposed to know you? You're here in my hotel room, yelling at us, like, what the Hell?"

Lilith had momentarily forgotten herself. Of course Samantha didn't remember her. Lilith shook her head and focused on Tyler. She looked at him with undisguised disgust. "You. You were supposed to protect her not help her with ... whatever you have done! Are you both serving the Darkfolk?" her finger shook as she pointed it at Tyler.

"No. We are not serving the Darkfolk. Why don't we have a nice, calm discussion to figure some things out? Lilith, this is Samantha. Samantha, this is Lilith. Lilith is the Chair of The Council in the Witchfolk World, effectively making her their leader. The Council asked for me to protect you after your magic was activated," saidTyler.

Lilith looked right at Samantha, "Your magic was supposed to be deactivated... yet we were never informed about its reappearance." Here she glared at Tyler.

Samantha cast a glance Tyler's way, deactivated? What was she talking about?  "Were you aware that it was also shared?" asked Samantha. Lilith looked at her with questioning eyes. Samantha chuckled, "Yes, you are talking to, from what I am led to believe, the two most powerful Witchfolk around.... maybe you should choose your words more carefully. I'd say we're both in pretty spectacular moods right now," she paused dramatically, "but that could change. I don't like it when people are rude to me or to the people that I love." She eyed Lilith with some disdain.

Lilith sputtered, "What?" She looked at Tyler with disbelief.

"Yes, it's true. We've shared our magic with each other," he shifted his feet with this little white lie he was forced to tell. More like he'd accidentally stolen her magic.

Lilith struggled visibly to get her anger under control. It seemed like she realized her situation. She decided she needed to be more delicate. "The Fabrics are of much concern to us. We would like to know what has happened to them. There has been a deep disturbance."

"Don't worry, Lilith. I will help the Fabrics adjust. The borders on all sides will hold as well as they need to," Samantha replied with a forced calm and politeness. 

"Can you tell me what you have done to disturb the Fabrics?" asked Lilith.

Here Tyler and Samantha looked at each other. They hadn't confirmed their plans for the New World yet. They hadn't even named it. "You're going to have to give us some time, I'm afraid. Can we set up a meeting? Perhaps we should discuss everything with some representatives from each World."

"The Human World, too?" asked Lilith.