Chapter Twenty-Six - Treachery

"What is her plan?" asked Keegan with a wicked gleam in his eye.

"More importantly, really though, what is our plan?" pressed Michael.

Killian sighed as he looked at his closest friends. He knew they would have his back no matter what happened. "To start, it will take a long time to woo her. She thinks she's in love with that Tyler guy."

Keegan snorted with derision, "That loser? Whatever. She better get over him quick."

"I don't know," interrupted Michael, "I've heard that he had a hand in the creation of this World. That's what the Witchfolk say."

Killian eyed Michael thoughtfully, "That's in interesting thought. I wonder how that would even be possible. He doesn't come across as a very.... intimidating Warlock. I suppose we should watch him carefully. Just in case." Killian paused for a moment. He wished he could squash Tyler like the pest he was.

Michael cleared his throat, "There is also the issue of her being, you know, like, fifteen. I mean, it's kinda gross, don't you think? We're... a bit older."

"Human years mean nothing, Michael," said Killian with some surprise.

"I know. It's just, in spite of her power, she seems young."

"Naive to be sure," sneered Keegan. "She'd forget about that Tyler if he was dead. She'd need someone to console her." He fluttered his eyelashes at Killian.

"I don't think we need to rush to murder," said Killian, "but the thought has crossed my mind."

"Have you thrown any love spells her way?" asked Michael. He thought that would be a lot more peaceable than murder, after all.

"They bounced off her like ... it was embarrassing. She actually rolled her eyes," admitted Killian with a blush on his cheek.

"Burn!" hooted Keegan with laughter.

"I know," said Killian looking to the ground.

"Not embarrassing, though," interrupted Michael. "It's more interesting.... scary, even, than embarrassing. She is going to be harder to take down than I thought. I don't think we have a solid grasp on her capabilities."

Killian looked at his friends with some incredulity, "What, exactly, did you guys think? She created a whole New World for crying out loud.Of course her abilities are more than we think or know or understand. How many people do you know who just go out and create a World one night?" Killian looked from Michael to Keegan. They had the grace to look away. "That's why I wanted to take Tyler's place at her side. It would be a lot easier than trying to overpower her." His friends were nodding now.

"There is the issue of our plan," pressed Keegan.

Killian looked at Keegan with some confusion, "Our plan was to try this World out. See if we like it."