Chapter Thirty-Seven - Philip Storm

Over the next few weeks, the Lightfolk (it included everyone now) worked to create a World full of beauty and love. Kindness. Peace. It grew to be the kind of World that everyone hopes for, but never really believes can exist. There was a harmony among the Folk. There were no reasons to fight. Everyone had enough food to eat, water to drink, enough luxury.

Adam threw a rock into a pond and watched the splash. He looked over at Sonya. "Is it like you imagined?" he asked.

"I think so," she said. "I enjoy the serenity."

"Do you ever want some excitement?" he asked.

"Yes, but not in a bad way. I don't want violence. More like, I want to explore. I want to see some wonders.... I think I want to go back to the Human World and see something I haven't seen before."

"Except that travel between Worlds in out of the question right now," said Adam.

"They just want calm. I think they have the calm they were looking for. Everyone is very content. Everyone is settling in nicely. Eventually, they will allow travel between Worlds."

"Perhaps. What do you think they're worried about?" asked Adam.

"Retribution?"

"You two should come and visit some time," said Tyler. He'd snuck up on them and they just about jumped out of the skin! "You know," he continued, "you don't have to wonder about anything. You can just ask us. We are friends. Always were, always will be."

"Oh my god, Tyler!" exclaimed Sonya.

"You're kinda right, though. We just wanted a new 'normal' to develop before inter-World travel started. We are about to lift the ban. I think everyone is ready to see what's going on in the Human World," saidTyler. "We will make the announcement tonight."

"Do you guys wanna go to Niagara Falls with us?" asked Adam. "Thinking about a barrel ride, myself."

Tyler smiled. Adam's sense of adventure made his a fun person to be around. He was always thinking about something interesting. "Maybe not this time, but you know, I'd love to go on a real road trip with you guys some time," he said.

"You bet," said Sonya with a grin. "I guess we can start packing if the ban will be lifted soon."

"Yeah," agreed Tyler. "Have fun."

Tyler left Sonya and Adam and walked towards one of the many wooded areas. With such a peaceful air, many of the Lightfolk had opened the floodgates of creativity. Some of the art being created was amazing. He looked at some of the sculptures that had been crafted in the last week as he walked by the many pieces. He saw Samantha up ahead.

He came up beside Samantha and put his arm around her. "I told Sonya and Adam about the lift. They're heading to Niagara Falls."