Chapter Thirty-Four - Locked World

Samantha smiled as she created a gateway into the Darkfolk World. She would sneak in and out. She wanted to make sure all of the offending Witches and Warlocks were here before to carried through with her plan. She was finally going to get the revenge she wanted.

She walked through the gateway and surveyed the World before her. It was just as war-torn as she remembered it from her last visit. Grey. Brown. Death. Destruction. Before she had her way with what was left of this place, she wanted to ensure that no innocents were trapped here.

She muttered a spell. She repeated the words over and over in her head while she felt her power building within her. She felt her hair swirl around her. She felt herself rise off the ground and gently spin in the air. Finally, she felt the power of the spell shoot from her body and ripple through the Darkfolk World. She opened her eyes and saw the shock waves ripple through the ground.

Within moments, there were about fifty Freefolk standing before her. They looked at her with stunned faces. She could tell that these were the other fifty that should have come to the World of Light. Their souls were pure. They didn't belong in this World of death and destruction.

"You don't belong here," she said to them.

One of the Witches took a step forward. She had a kind face and she smiled at Samantha. "One might say the same for you. There's a certain glow about you. Why are you here? And why have you brought us to this spot?"

"I am one of the rulers of the World of Light. Why didn't you come with the one-hundred?" They all shrugged. Fair enough. "Would you like to come now?" Samantha asked. They all nodded their heads. "I'm going to open a gateway to the Human World. I will give you the symbols to enter into the World of Light once I join you there. Okay?" They all nodded their heads.

Samantha opened a gateway and watched as they went through. They seemed quite eager to go. She didn't blame them. It must be difficult to be pure of heart and live in a place like this. The gateway closed behind them and she looked around her once again.

She noticed another Warlock watching her from behind a building. She waved. He darted back. She could hear his footsteps running into the distance. She couldn't help rolling her eyes. This would be interesting. She would wait a few moments and see what happened.

What happened was that she found herself surrounded by about fifty Darkfolk in about thirty seconds. She looked around at them. They all shifted their weight from one foot to the other. They were on edge, waiting for her to make a move. "Well?" she said.

"What do you want?" It was Keegan.

"Hi, Keegan. You made quite the mess in the Human World. I think there should be consequences," Samantha said.

"Yeah, well, you're in our World now. We don't think any consequences should be handed out. And certainly not by you. You are nothing here. You don't belong. You should leave before you can't," he said with a cocky grin.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I should leave before I can't." Samantha smiled back at him. He had no idea what was about to happen. She waved her hand, opening a gateway. "You just remember your invitation for me to leave. Enjoy your life." She walked through the gateway as she uttered a spell. She would be the last one to have entered the Darkfolk World and she would be the last to leave it. She turned and smiled at Keegan as the gateway closed and she said one last spell. She saw a flicker of fear flash across his face as he saw storms race across the skies of his World. Lightning flashed and thunder crashed. She waved good-bye and the gateway closed.