Chapter 16

Elizabeth's P.O.V
I was outside with mum, dad, uncle Emmett, Kate and Garrett. Uncle Emmett held me in his arms and we are watching mum practicing her gift. I could see a vampire—Alister I think— sitting up in a tree observing what's going on below him.

"You need to visualise it, see how it moves, what colour it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it go beyond you." Kate said, mum concentrated then soon loses focus.

"I think she needs something to motivate her." Kate says. Dad then steps forward, I look on worried not wanting him to get hurt.

"No." Mum objects shaking her head, looking as worried as I feel.

"It's alright I can take it." Dad said glancing at her before looking to Kate, though I can feel the worry roll off of him.

"He says that now." Garrett said folding his arms over his chest.

"Focus Bella or he'll be hurting." Uncle Emmett warns her, I look up to him before turning my attention back to my parents. Dad holds his hand out for Kate.

"Edward I'm not ready to do this yet-" Mum starts to say but gets cut off by dads yell of pain as he falls, and I look to see if he's ok.

"I'm sorry! I said I wasn't ready!" Mum exclaims.

"Dude you're not motivating her." Uncle Emmett tells dad.

"You want to try?" Dad said harshly as he stood up, uncle Emmett shook his head with a small smirk. They tried again but as soon as Kate touched him, dad fell in pain but Kate doesn't stop electrocuting him.

"Kate!" Mum exclaimed anger in her voice, making Kate stop.

"You seem to lack insensitive. Elizabeth, do you want your mum?" Kate asked, I look at mum as uncle Emmett holds me closer.

"Are you crazy!" Mum growls, glaring at her. She stood in front of my sight line, blocking my view of the blonde vampire.

"Alright, this ones on full power." Kate said causing dad gave mum a look as he held out his hand. I watched nervously as Kate put her hand on his arm, but this time nothing happened. As Kate let go mum put her shield down and smiled.

"It's painful but it's bearable

"It's painful but it's bearable." Dad said as he stepped back, taking me from uncle Emmett's arms into his. I rested my head on his shoulder watching the world around me.

"Okay, we should go again." Mum said with a smile, excitement and pride coming off her in waves.

"Emmett." Dad offered.

"I'm good." He said quickly, hold his hands up in surrender.