Chapter 18

Renesmee's outfit ⬆️⬆️

Elizabeth's P.O.V
I stood next to Nessie in the forest near the clearing where we would meet the Volturi the next morning, Jacob dropped a few logs down for a fire. I watched in fascination as four flames appeared on Benjamin's fingers, he held them up with a slight smirk before throwing the flames at the logs making them catch fire instantly lightning up the area.

"That's what I'm talking about

"That's what I'm talking about. A little pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories." Jake said as he sat down to the left of me, Nessie on my right. "Or just standing there like freaking statues."

I look over to see everyone standing away from the fire, barely moving a muscle. Garrett suddenly runs over in a flash, too quickly for my eyes and sits opposite us.

"Name any American battle, I was there." He said rubbing his hands together, excited to tell his stories.

"Little big horn." Jake said.

"I came so close to biting Custer, but the Indians caught him first." Garrett says. Kate flashes over resting upon Garrets lap.

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople, he didn't win that one on his own." Kate said. The Irish coven soon comes over, sitting down.

"If you're talking battles, you're talking about the Eleven years war. No one rebellion like the Irish." Liam said with a smile.

"You lost the Eleven years war." Garrett say to him slightly confused at to why he was smiling.

"Aye, but it was one hell of a rebellion." Liam replied, this made everyone laugh and start to gather around the fire. After a few stories I started to get tired, I yawned using my hand to cover my mouth. Mum must have seen how tired I was because she soon came over and took my hand, leading me over to the tent. I looked back to see everyone now sitting listening to Vladimir and Stefan tell a story. Mum and I sat down in the tent hugging, she takes something out of her pocket and hands it to me, I look down to see a gold locket.

I opened it and inside was a picture of mum and dad and writing on the other side saying 'Plus que ma propre vie'

"It means more than my own life and that's how much I love you." She whispered, I can hear her voice cracking slightly. I smiled looking up at her not wanting her to be sad.

"Tomorrow I'm gonna need you to stay with Jake, even if I tell him he has to take you away from here." I can now feel tears build up in my eyes, she pulls me close and hugs me.

"I love you, do you understand? Both your father and I love you very much

"I love you, do you understand? Both your father and I love you very much." I try to blink my tears away but they end up falling anyway. I bury my face into mums chest gripping her shirt as I sniffle, I feel mum run her fingers through my hair as she places a kiss on the top of my head. I'm too busy trying to control my tears I almost miss what she was saying. "I won't let anyone hurt you..I promise."