Chapter 23

Elizabeth's P.O.V
I was standing with my family, next to my mum the next day, Renesmee was staying at home with Esme. I see Lynn and Alex pull up and walk over to their friends. As I talk with my family I feel someone staring at us, I look over my shoulder to see Alex staring once he sees I'm looking he quickly looks away.

"Alex was staring." I say. "I'm guessing it has something to do with Renesmee."

"Do you think he's going to be like Bella and not stop until he knows why she isn't here." Emmett says with a grin.

"I was not like that." Mum defends herself with a glare.

"You kinda were." Jasper said with a smirk. Mum huffs and pulls me inside the school building, leaving our family laughing to themselves.

~~~~

Renesmee hasn't been in school for the past week and it's boring without her. I'm sitting next to Lynn as miss. Molina goes on about something.

"Can I ask something." Lynn whispers. I look over at her and nod my head. "Why hasn't Renesmee been in school."

"Not that it's any of your business, but she's not feeling well." I say.

~~~~

After getting ready for school, Nessie and I head outside going to dads car where mum, dad and Jake was wanting.

"Ready?" Dad asks.

"Yeah, let's go," I say getting in the car after Nessie.

"Are you sure you're ready?" I ask my sister quietly.

"Positive." She says.

~~~~

As we get to school we find an empty parking spot next to Emmet's jeep and pull in. After History and Lunch, we head to Biology.

"Hey Renesmee, feeling better?" Matt asks, I walk away from their conversation, heading to my seat, I drop my bag and take my seat.

Nessie's P.O.V
Miss. Molina starts to talk about onion rooted cells.

"Ladies first," Alex says as he pushes the microscope closer to me. I take it and look in the microscope. "You were gone," He said quietly.

"Yeah, I was sick." I tell him, but I have a feeling that he thinks I'm lying to him. I look at Lizzie to see her already looking at us. I nod my to Alex silently asking her to read his mind.

"Hey Ness, can I borrow a pen, I forgot mine?" She asks with a smile, I grab a spare pen passing it to her, as her hand brushed mine she sends me a thought.

'He doesn't believe you.' She answered my question. I send her a thankful smile.

"Pro-phase," I say to him, pushing the microscope towards him.

"Would you mind if I looked?" He questions me making my shake my head. He looks into the microscope.  "It's Pro-phase," He says writing it down.

"Like I said," I reply to him. "So are you enjoying the rain?" I randomly ask. I heard a quiet snort from behind me I glance over my shoulder looking at my sister.

'The weather.' She mouths and I turn around ignoring her. Alex lets out a laugh. "What?" I question him.

"Your questioning me about the weather?" He questions me, hearing a quiet 'told you' from Lizzie that I ignore.

"Yeah, I guess I am," I say quietly looking at him. I take a deep breath, butterflies in my stomach. I look behind me to see my sister smirking, obviously still listening before looking back to look at my own work.

"Well I don't like the rain," He tells me. "My sister hates it as well." I let out a chuckle while changing the slide under the microscope. "What?" He asks turning his body to face mine a little bit more.

"Nothing," I replies, looking into the microscope, "It's Ana-phase," I say while writing it down.

"Mind if I check?" He asks.

"Sure, go ahead." I muttered.

"Ana-phase," I say.

" Like I said," He says with a smirk.

"So, if you and your sister hate the cold and rain so much, why move to the wettest place in the continental U.S?" I ask him.

"Both my parents got a job at the hospital." He says.

"My father works at the hospital, Dr. Carlisle Cullen." I say.

"I heard, Jill seems to know everything." He says. I nods my head before grabbing the microscope and changing the slide under it. 

"It's Meta-phase, wanna check it?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No, I believe you," He said. The next few minutes go by in a blur, and the next thing I know, the bell is ringing. I walk with Alex and his sister Lynn in the hall, seeing as Lizzie left.

"So, other than the rain do you guys like it here in Forks." I ask.

"Yeah, everyone is really nice and welcoming." Lynn said.

"Does your family always keep to themselves." Alex asked me. I nod my head.

"Yeah..we're all close to each other." I said and see Lizzie waiting for me. "There's my sister, I better go. Bye."