Chapter 17

Elizabeth's P.O.V
"I see you finally took a break from Jedi training." Jacob said from the front seat of the car as mum drove us to grandpa Charlie's house. Grandpa Charlie invited us around to decorate the Christmas tree, I managed to convinced mum to bring Nessie with us as well.

"Well if I don't take Beth to my dad he'll come to us, 27 vampires 1 human not so great. Beth also wanted..Renesmee to come as well." She said with a sigh, hesitating before she said my sisters name.

"I know, that's what you told Edward." Jake said, and I frowned confused by what he said. I saw mum side eye him but didn't answer.

"Whatever, I'm glad to get away from all the reeking bloodsuckers." Jacob said, I looked at him with a frown as mum gives him a look of disapproval and Nessie glared at the back of his head.

"I'm sorry. I know they're the good guys, but come on Dracula one and two are...creepy." He laughed, mum soon joined him. Nessie and I look at each other giggling quietly. As soon as the car stops and Ness opened the door, i jumped out and ran to grandpa Charlie. 

"There she is! Hey." He said and picks me up and spins around before setting back down on the floor. Sue smiled and gave me a small hug.

 Sue smiled and gave me a small hug

"Good to see you Renesmee." He said and gives her a side hug.

"Good to see you too Charlie." She said as they pull away from the hug, then she stands next to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Actually I have some errands to run. I'll be back later, in time to put the star on the tree." She said and gave me a smile before jumping back in to the car and driving off. I took Nessie's hand and followed Charlie and Sue into the house with Jacob behind us.

Bella' P.O.V
Alice's note gave a new sense of hope, maybe she had a plan for us after all, maybe J. Jenks was the key.

"Mrs. Cullen." J. Jenks greeted me as I got to our table.

"Hi." I replied as I sat down, brushing down my shirt.

"I'm so happy you called." He said shaking my hand, he pulled back at the coldness of my skin. "I always meet my private clients here, it's more uh..comfortable then the office."

"And its more public." I say making the man smile. "So what type of work do you do J?"

"Well you know, this and that, it's always different which keeps it interesting." He answered.

"How long have you know Alice and Jasper long?" I ask.

"I've been working with them for more than twenty years, and my late partner knew Jasper fifteen years before that. He's...unusually well preserved." He says suspiciously.

"Yes, he is." I said looking at the table.

"I trust that Mr. Jasper is enjoying his vacation." At this I looked up quickly, hope filling me.

"He didn't tell you where he was going, did he." I ask hoping he would know.

"No, no, no. He uh..just mentioned that he was leaving when he came by to place his order." J told me and I sighed in disappointment.

"I assume that his order is ready." I say getting to the point.

"Of course, I've never been late with a delivery." He said as he slides an envelope over to me, I open it, feeling my face drop slightly. I look over the documents and passports for Elizabeth, Jacob and Renesmee, not seeing any for Edward and myself. Alice got one for the monster, but not one for Edward or I.

"Is there a problem?" J asked most likely seeing the look in my face.

"No, my husband and I thought that we'd all be traveling together." I say as I look up at him.

"Jasper said only three were traveling, his instructions were very clear." He explains to me, I put the documents and passports back in the envelope.

"It's my mistake, apparently that's not going to happen." I sighed with disappointment in my voice.

~~~

Elizabeth's P.O.V
Today was Christmas! Mum, dad, Jake, Renesmee and I was at grandpa Charlie's house with him, Sue, Leah and Seth. I looked over at mum to see her and dad talking. I turned my attention to Jake who was sitting beside me, on my other side was Nessie.

"Alright present time! Let's go. Seth, Leah stop eating. Jake you start, get it going." Charlie said and Jacob handed me a gift. I ripped the wrapping paper open to see a bracelet. (The bracelet at the top.) I looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you." I said, I looked down at the obvious hand made bracelet with a smile as I examined it.

"No problem." He said with a smile.

"Well dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours but here it is." Mum said as she passed grandpa Charlie an envelope. "It's a five day fishing trip. It's for you and Sue."

"You leave tomorrow." Dad adds walking up behind mum.

"Wow, that's really nice thank you. Tomorrow? I can't—I can't leave tomorrow." He said.

"I made arrangements for you at work." Sue said.

"Sneaky and extravagant." He said.

"And non refundable, I'm afraid." Dad said.

"You two trying to to get rid of me?" He asked, everyone looked a little nervous thinking he might be onto something.

"Cause it's working." He exclaims with a laugh and everyone relaxes. "Fraser river that means we'll be chasing cutthroat."

"We might even hook a rainbow or some bulls." Sue said as she sat on Charlie's lap.

"Woman knows her trout." He says. Mum came over and crouches in front of me.

"Hey beautiful. Let me see." She says and I hand the bracelet to her. "Jacob made this for you? Wanna put it on?" She asked, I nodded and held out my arm so she could put it on.

"It's so pretty

"It's so pretty." I say as she clips it onto my wrist.

"It's really pretty." She agreed with a smile. After everyone gave each other their gifts, I turned to Nessie and got the small box out of my pocket and handed it to her.

"What's this?" She asks.

"Open it and find out." I said with a grin. She then opened it and took the necklace that said 'sister's by blood friends by choice' on it.

"I asked Aunt Rose to take me out so I could get it." I said. She looked at me with a smile then took a small bag out from behind her and handed it to me.

"I also asked Rose to take me out to get something for you." She said and I pulled out a gold 'sister' necklace. I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Thank you." We both said at the same time and then giggled.