Chapter 24

Lizzie's P.O.V
Nessie and I are out hunting, we just caught a bear and now we are resting before we head back home.

"You have some blood on your top." I say. Nessie quickly looked down and groaned.

"I like this top." She whined. I laugh at her and she playfully glared at me before jumping over the bear and pinned me down with her vampire speed. We laugh but suddenly stop when we hear a twig snap, our heads snap up to see Alex and Lynn looking at us with wide eyes. Nessie and I jump up sharing a panicked look.

"How much did you two see?" Nessie asked.

"And why are the two of you walking around in the woods? There could have been some crazy killer out here." I say and they all look at me. "Not us obviously."

"How did you jump over that bear so quickly?" Alex asked. "And why are you two sitting next to a dead bear?"

"And is that blood?" Lynn said with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, they are great questions. Ness want to answer them." I say.

"You are not helping." Nessie glared at me before turning back to Alex and Lynn but they were gone.

"How did they get away without us knowing!" I exclaimed.

"We have to tell Carlisle." Nessie said.

"Yeah, he'll know what to do." I say. We then run back home.

~~~~

"How could you not know they were watching you!" Dad said angrily and glared at Nessie. We had just got back and explained what happened.

"And let then get away!" Mum added glaring at Nessie.

"It wasn't just her fault." I say. "I should have known as well."

"You don't have to take the blame for her sweetie." Mum said walking over to me and gave me a hug.

"I wasn't—"

"Don't worry, we know it wasn't your fault." Dad said.

"Edward stop it!" Alice said. "They would have found out any way."

"But they don't know what we are." Rose said.

"Yet." Jacob says.

"Renesmee try to talk to them tomorrow." Carlisle says.

"Come on Beth, let's go home." Dad says.

"Jake you can stay over." Mum said.

"Don't try anything with my daughter." Dad said with a glare.