Easter Egg

That night I couldn't shook off the fact that I can't remember the face of the bartender. All I remember is that he was a gay man. Or at least a man. Or a human? Fuck alcohol!

I kept on pondering about the 'what if' statements although I knew nothing will come of them. If destiny really wanted us together, it should've done a better job at raising me to believe it.

Lora left about forty minutes ago, she really did took on her role as my caretaker. Although my parents will be back in about two months.

As I told myself that it was a day, I quickly found my perfect sleepy posture and that day was in the past.

----------------------------------------------

Again, I was waken up by my mother and then Lora.

"Honey, have you have breakfast yet?" Lora asked as she slipped through the door and it's frame. She was definitely getting better at this.

"Nope, I'm planning to sleep in today," I roared a silent exhale.

"Get yourself ready. I want to take you to my church. It's Sunday," she smiled at me mischievously.

"I don't go to church and I don't have a God-complex like the rest of you guys," I lazily lifted my feet onto the first step of the staircase.

"Oh come on. Don't you want some tips on giving birth?"

"I can do that online."

"Smell the incenses of the old?"

"I can order them online."

"Just come with me. You need some exercise," she smirked as she walked into the kitchen.

"I can't tell if you're saying my belly is big, if so, then it's not me; or if you're saying it's for the baby, then I can do that at home," I shouted at her back, but she continued to ignore me as she opened my refrigerator.

I guessed I should go out once in a while. My belly wasn't so big that it was obvious, I can hid it with a couple layers of clothes. Once, I was done, I went downstairs and into the kitchen to greet Lora again.

"Ew. What are you wearing, hon?"

"Clothes? Isn't it obvious?" I rolled my eyes as she handed me a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon.

"You look like an old man with a beer belly," she walked around me to observe. "This is disgusting."

"Well, I am an old man with a baby for a beer belly," I snorted at her as I tried to eat my breakfast.

"Nope. I can't let you go out like this. I thought you had style, but this is really terrible," she went to her giant purse which she always carry around. "Lucky for you, I knew this would happen and bought you an outfit."

She pulled up a white maternity dress.

"I guess I'm not going anymore," I pulled up to the kitchen sink and began to wash my dishes.

"Yes, you are. This is perfect and cute!" She laid the dress on my back as if she was making sure it looked good on me.

"I am not wearing women's clothing. I am a man."

"A pregnant man."

"Yes. But I am still a man."

"Are you perhaps gender specifying here? I thought you were better than this," She played the rainbow card in me.

I took in a deep breath, "I will, if you give a me a good reason other than me being sexist."

----------------------------------------------

I ended up wearing it. I asked for a reason and she gave me some overly good ones. Extra right?

Oh, and she got me brown leather sandals as well. They did match.

As soon as we arrived, I asked her, "Is today a holiday for something?"

"It's April, what do you think?"

"Easter?"

She didn't even nod and simply swung the door open for herself. I then told myself, I guess I'll get some primary sources on being a mother.

Inside the congregation, there were some T.V. crew as well. I was assuming this church was very popular, and as I sat down I was almost happy until I heard the name Fredrick Turner.

"Lora! I hate you and I'm going home," I whispered near her ear.

"No, don't," Lora turned to face me, "I'm sorry, but I'm a douche and I just want to be a maid of honor before I turn 30."

"What the f-" My eyes met the only person this whole world, whose eyes I didn't want to met. Without a second thought, I hugged Lora to hide my face.

"You needn't do this. I'm not getting married." Her skin was as cold as ice. Then, I belittled myself thinking how I didn't see this coming by nitpicking every little detail.

The music started and I sat back down like normal. Then the bride began her walk down the aisle.

I was too angry to look up to see who the bride was. All I know was that her name was Coral. I focused on the floor and felt anger and frustration.

"Today, we come together to celebrate the marriage of Fredrick Glenn Turner and Coraline Elizabeth Dyson," I heard the preacher announced.

I must've blacked out because when I came to, Lora was standing up and already yelled, "I object!"

"Lora. Sit your ass back down. It's your cousin's wedding for Christ's sakes," a woman in the front row yapped at Lora.

I decided that this is perhaps the best time for me to leave before Lora did anything stupid. For the first time, I felt as if heaven was on my side, but Lora quickly snatched my hand and unwilling to let go.

"This woman right here is pregnant with Fred's child! I repeat, Fred's child!" There were loud gaps throughout the service. I felt eyes staring at me and then back to Coral.

I looked up and saw Yessy standing beside the bride with her hands covering her mouth. With Yessy making such a face, my boss stood up. He realized right away that it was me and lipped the phrase, Get out now!

I got up and rushed through the doors. Simultaneously, I saw Fredrick began to chase after me, but was stopped by his relatives. I felt terrible, I ruined a dream wedding.

I knew so little about Lora and yet she knew almost every secret I ever had. Why would she go so far just to be the maid of honor before turning 30? Why did Fredrick tried to chase after me? What was his story? Did Lora told him everything?

Nvm. If you read this A/N and was hyped about what I said, I am sincerely sorry. I don't think I'll have the time to do it anymore.

And once again, Thank YOU!!

Also, the next two chapters/days will be... (author approved) AWESOME!!! The story will pick up again 😬😬