Plane Ride

"Are you perhaps Dr. Ferns's pair for the SSRP?" Conan made a successful confused face, she had a hard time expressing that in the lab.

"Why, yes," Fredrick kissed me a third time.

"Glenn, right?"

"Yes to that too," he grabbed another sweet. "These are so good!"

"Thank you! Have as much as you want," Conan was gleeful, almost undeserving of Taylor, but that was just my opinion.

"Conan, why don't you give Fredrick your recipe?" Taylor sounded annoyed, "It's not like you're going to open a shop anyway."

"But I could. Why don't you ever believe me?"

"Because I'm going to start a science business and you're going to work for me," Taylor rolled her eyes unnecessarily.

"No, it's fine," Fredrick stopped their tense atmosphere and kissed me again, "Dan is enough for me."

"Fredrick," my tone was soft and it felt as if we were newlyweds.

"NO!" I heard Freddie yelled. Conan and I quickly got up and ran toward the kids.

Glenn was at a corner as Freddie stood in front of him and spread his arms out to protect his precious brother. Gwen just stood facing Freddie with her little balled up fists.

"Gwen?" Conan cried out, "What's going on here?"

"Glenn wouldn't let me do his hair," Gwen turned around with a pouted face.

Glenn's covered his hair with his hands with tears flowing down, "Mommy."

Glenn ran toward me and reached his arms up to be picked up, and was followed by Freddie. I picked both of them into my arms.

"I'm so sorry," Conan's voice was weak and tired.

"It's fine," I knew she tried her best and I didn't blame Gwen either. "I think we'll be going now."

"I'm sorry, Dr. Ferns. I didn't know Gwen would be like this." Some strands of hair fell on her face. This image of Conan was like a worn out old woman waiting for her children to return home. I would never have known this messed up side of her if I hadn't offer this play date.

"Are you okay, Conan? You don't have to accept this if you don't want to," then her eyes were filled with betrayal as if I leaked her secret. There were tears forming in her eyes and behind that betrayal was a lost little girl wanting to be free.

"Dan!" Fredrick and Taylor walked in, "is everything fine?"

Conan quickly swiped away her true self and putted on her usual mask when Taylor was around.

"Yeah, let's go back to New York," I gave both Glenn and Freddie to him because my back was killing me. I totally forgot about the Fredrick and Freddie thing.

"Okay?"

"Thank you for coming, even if it wasn't long," Conan waved at us as Fredrick led us out of the apartment.

//://://://://://://://://://://://://://:

While we were in the plane, Fredrick asked, "That Taylor girl is weird."

"Weird?"

"Um, I mean a little creepy," he fixed his sunglasses. Yes, we didn't need another Taylor.

"I think she is more than creepy, she's psychotic. I think she forced the relationship too," I pulled the blankets on Glenn and Freddie up a little more.

"Ah, so you noticed it too. Well, it's kind of hard to miss."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm sure you noticed her hitting on me, but when you and Conan left she told me some stuff," he glared into my eyes, "She said her mother was the one who wanted Gwen, and she really couldn't care more about Conan."

"That's messed up," I whispered. "Conan was crying in front of me before you guys came. I feel like she was asking me for help."

"Yeah?" Fredrick laid his head on my shoulders.

"Should I have taken her and Gwen with us?" I lended onto his head.

"It's fine. You just can't make her realize she's in a rotten relationship. She got to know it herself and want to get out of it, if not, next time she'll be in one again," Fredrick yawned while snuggling to my side. "She got your number too. I'm sure she'll call when she's ready."

"Sometimes I can't decide whether you're a rotten man or a saint," I whispered sarcastically.

"I'll take that as a compliment," he giggled in his sleep.

With a blink of the eye, I was the only person awake. I could never sleep when I can't trust my surroundings. I didn't want to fall asleep and lose anyone. So I stood up during that eight hours flight.

"This is your captain speaking," the intercom started, "We will start landing in New York City in five minutes. It is 12:30 AM and around 68°F with clear skies. Thank you for riding Air Tuners!"

Exactly 5 minutes after the intercom announcement, the plane started descending. I just left New York 4 months ago and now I'm returning to it.

"Fredrick," I whispered into his ear.

"Fredrick," I tried again. This time he woke up, "We're here."

"Yeah? I'm so tired," I was too.

The intercom came on again with the same information as before. Then everyone, other than us, began taking off their seatbelts and getting their things ready to walk out.

I began to unbuckled Glenn and Freddie and gave them to Fredrick as I get our things. Again, I didn't have time to care about the Fredrick and Freddie thing.

Although, we did have a lot of help from the workers Fredrick brought to California with him. Soon, we were the last ones in the plane and Fredrick wouldn't get up.

"Here's a kiss so get up," I kissed his lips which electrified his soul.

"One more," his eyes didn't even open, but he was smiling like a crazy man at the end of a cliff.

"You're asking too much," I kissed him one again. Then, I remembered. This was how Glenn and Freddie are too. I worst fear have came true.

"Come on. Get up. More drama are waiting for us," I smirked teasingly.

"Drama? No. No more. I want a peaceful life with you and the kids," Fredrick got up and putted his head on my shoulders. "I'm so tired."

"Yes. Me too. Let just go to your place and sleep all day today?"

"Yeah. That's sound really nice," he sucked my neck.

"Stop it. You'll leave a mark," I whispered into his ear and gently pushed him away from me. I didn't want Glenn or Freddie to wake up.

"But I just want to show that you're mine," there was a frown on his face along with puppy eyes-he was using his Hollywood skills again.

"I said you got another chance with the kids, not me," I winked at his half asleep face.

"But don't I need you so the kids can stay happy with me?"

This made me think for a bit, but I was too exhausted, "Yeah. Yeah. Come on, I want to sleep now. I didn't have any sleep on the ride here."

"What? Why didn't you fall asleep?"

"Because I didn't want something bad to happen," I pushed his back so he'll start walking out of the plane.

"You're adorable, Dan," he blew a kiss at me even though he was half asleep.

We slept the whole day on Sunday and on Monday, Fredrick went to work and I was unemployed.

I'll do another two chapters on the same day when we reach 10K!! 😘

Thank you so much for reading and spreading the word!!

Anyhow, thank you for reading, voting, and adding it to your reading lists!! ❤️❤️