Parent Matter

That day, eyes followed us as if we were celebs, and Glenn and Freddie each sat each side of my hips.

Sounded unpractical, but they would've cried otherwise: the attachments and bonds of a child to its parent.

"Your kids are adorable," Conan smiled at the kids. Then to me, she said, "I'm sure Gwen would love play dates with your sons."

"Then why not?" Her eyes widened and a real smile was drawn across her face, "What time will you and Gwen be available?"

"How about tomorrow? It's the weekend," she clicked her tongue like how she usually do when she's excited.

I nodded my head, "Will Taylor be there?"

She looked away while biting her bottom lips.

"Don't worry, I'm also one of the nine," I didn't think I should hide or be ashamed of the fact that I was part of it. On the contrary, I should embraced it and directly help these young couples who involuntarily partook in it as well.

"Nine?"

"The Same Sex Reproductive Project, or the SSRP."

"Oh," she looked at Glenn and then Freddie. "I did know that guy even got you."

"Well, I was quite drunk that night," I protested. "Anyway, you got my number, so just text the place and time to me. Glenn and Freddie need a to go home and take a nap."

"Okay. See you later then, Dr. Ferns," she waved at us as she swiped her ID card.

"Likewise," I followed her example and quickly got out of the building.

Chris was waiting for me as his stood around my car, "Hello, Dr. Ferns."

"Shouldn't you be excited to go home?" I unlocked the car.

He opened the door for Glenn and Freddie, "I am. I want to spent my weekend with you guys."

"Sorry, I don't think that is a good idea," I buckled Freddie first, then Glenn.

"Why not? With two kids I'm sure you need all the extra help you can get," he gentle closed the door this time.

"It's not the help that I think is a bad idea. It's your feelings."

"What about my feelings? You know that I like you and I know that I'll eventually make you like me as well," he smirked as he clapped his hands together awkwardly.

I sarcastically laughed, "You're a funny guy. You make a great bro."

"You know that was not what I meant," his smirk became a frown.

"I know, but I chose to interpret it that way," I smiled at him and then got inside my car.

He knocked on my window and lipped the phrase: I will make you love me.

----------------------------------------------

When I opened the door to my house, the three of us were in for a surprise we weren't ready for.

It was Fredrick.

I quickly closed the door to my house, grabbed the kids by theirs hands, and walked back to my car. Which Fredrick rushed after us.