Two Freds

"Where will my parents live?" I asked Fredrick as I showed him to the guest's room. He only allowed one more night in this house because I promised Conan.

"I'll give them a house in New York."

"Fredrick, you're not the only one with a steady income here," I rolled my eyes. "When I asked that question, it's not because I wanted an answer. I just want you to know that my parents will be living with me."

"They can't live with us. Your parents and my father don't exactly like each other," he said guiltily.

"Not to be rude," I took in a deep breath, "but if your father lives with you, then I or the kids can't live with you."

"What? No. My dad is a sweet old man, I promise," He reached out for my hands. I decided that it was okay for him to touch me because I felt sorry for the guy.

"My parents are two sweet old people as well. As their son, I need to take care of them."

"Oh," he looked away, "don't you have other siblings? Can't your parents live with one of them?"

"Fredrick!"

"What? I don't know why you're insisting on your parents living with us," he scratched the back of his head.

"Because they're my parents. It's the same with you insisting on your dad," I slapped my forehead in frustration.

"But you have siblings, I don't. As you already know, my dad is not exactly the likable type. I am all that he has," he pulled me in with my other hand and kissed the red spot on my forehead.

"I am all that my parents have," I assured him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm trying to give them the security and love which they never had. I wasn't raised on a silver plate and eat with a silver spoon."

"They're the reason I even gave you a second chance with the kids," I pulled myself away from him. He was confused.

As I left the room, I heard him from behind me, "What?"

I went into Glenn and Freddie's room, they were simply reading books. I guess they're still awkward around each other.

"Mommy!" They got up as they finally noticed me standing in the room.

"Freddie told me that man is my daddy?" Glenn was lost because he had always call me 'daddy' and now 'mommy'.

"Yes," Fredrick was behind me, "I'm your daddy, Glenn."

Glenn was curious enough to stood where he stood but Freddie, on the other hand, hid behind me.

"Daddy?" Glenn slowly pronounced the words he had been using to call me. Then with assurance, Glenn reached his arms out, "Daddy!"

Fredrick picked Glenn up and kissed him, "That's my boy."

Freddie pinched my pants for me to looked at him. He reached out his arms for a hug as well and I did exactly that. But he dug into my neck and I felt salty tears wetting my shoulder.

I quickly took Freddie outside.

I sat on the bench outside in the backyard and burped Freddie like how I used to with Glenn.