The Crazy Man on the Cliff

"Then our compromise is over. I can't do that. Please get your hands off of me because I'm not your mistress or want to be your mistress. If you really want to know the full story, just go ask Dr. Vang for the video footages," I stared straight into his eyes, not ever thinking about how I still loved this man.

"I'll do that after you tell me the your side of the story," he pulled his face to mine, almost kissing my lips.

"Why are you being complicated?" I turned my head as he thrust his lips forward. His head was on my neck and simply trying to pick up my scent.

"Stop!" My voice was quite and he stopped, but then rest his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I'm not gay, I assure you. It's just..." His voice faded off leaving me to try and finish his comment inside my head.

"Then aren't you sacred that my gayness might rub off on you?"

"It's not contagious."

Without saying anything else to one another, we stood there in that position for a solid five minutes.

"Are you still a crazy man at the edge of a cliff?" I giggled. I didn't think he'll remember such details.

"Of course. No one married me," once those words left my lips, I regretted it.

"So, you still like the ways I make you love me?" I really hate how he staking all these memories on me.

"Please. Let go. I won't say it again," I tried to stay strong.

"You do love me! So the drugs didn't work on you either?" His voice was in pain. The beating in his chest fasten its pace like a lightening bolt striking the body.

"What are you talking about?" I tried to make him return to despising me for being a man, "I'm gay, you're not."

"Dan, I know you love me. Just stop acting like you don't," there was a knot in his throat and his voice became a lot huskier.

"When did you became okay with a gay man loving you?" A knot formed in my throat as well. I was so close to giving in to a married man, but my mother walked in on us.

"What are you doing to my Dan?" Glenn was in her arms.

Fredrick turned his head to notice Glenn, the most magical and perfect summary of joy, which he had never seen in his life. He finally let go of me and walked toward my mother and Glenn, "May I hold him?"

Being the angel she was, my mother allowed Fredrick to hold the baby.

"What's his name?" He turned to me with tears in his eyes and a big smile on his face.

"Glenn," I looked away. I didn't want to see a future I will never have.

"You named him after me?" His eyes were like a loving husband, very close to the ones my father gave to my mother.

"Mr. Turner, please leave before my husband sees you," my mother added.

"Why? What did I do?"

"Do you really need to ask that?" I walked up to him and tried to take Glenn away, but he moved before I reached him, "Stop playing around. Go home to Coraline before my dad sees you."

"I'm not scared of your dad."

"Yeah, but I am. Remember that I'm a crazy man at the edge of a cliff. I need to be careful."

"Then like I said before, I'll marry you away."

"What the fuck are you saying?" I tried not to shout, "you got a wife, a child on the way, and you're not gay. You said so yourself."

"But for you, I can be gay," Glenn was on his dad's side as he started giggling.

"What are you saying? Do you hear yourself?" I tried being reasonable, "You have a wife, an unborn child, and a reputation to uphold."

"But you're the one that I love. The whole world also thinks you're a woman," he smiled at me. "Look, I even married a woman who looks like you hoping that will be enough, but we both know that it's not because just look at Glenn. We're meant to be together."

"What kind of fairytales are you making up in your head?" Tears were jerking out of my eyes as if they too were happy for us. "I love you too, but that doesn't negate our past and how my father hates your very existence!"

While Glenn was still in his arms, he came to me and kissed my tears away. Even the ugly cheek.

The door to the backyard swig open and my father called out, "What's taking you guys so long?"

Once he saw Glenn and I in Fredrick's arms, he went up stairs swiftly to grab his meter long rifle and cursed Fredrick in his murmurs.

"Leave. Fredrick. Leave," I, in turn, cried harder and continued to beg Fredrick to leave.

"I'm not scared because I love you," his eyes were like a little boy in love and not seeing the dangers he was putting himself to.

"No. Just leave. I'm begging you."

"Why are you crying?" He kissed my cheek and handed Glenn to me, "Let me be your hero for once."

"Are you an idiot? I don't want to see the people I love hurting each other," still, he ignored my pleased, so I used my trump card. "If you love me, leave."

"What? No. I did that last time and made you cry. I'm not doing that again."

"But I never loved you," I made a serious tone. "This child is not yours either. I murder your baby while it was still in my stomach. Didn't you think it was odd that it took almost a year for Glenn to be born? I went to Dr. Vang and drunk the drugs with another man."

"I know you're lying because I was the one who told Kang and Lora to look after you. They reported everything to me," his face was murderous as if he couldn't believe I lied to his face with such serious matters.

Y'know, I write the storyline but I leave myself on cliffhangers as well and it sucks 🙃🙃 So at this point, I was so glued onto the story but I already wrote three chapters and decided that nahh I'm hungry so I'll write later.

Thank you for reading, voting, and adding it to your reading list!! ❤️❤️