Mrs. Wilson

Even if there were good layers of rubber protecting the soles of my feet, somehow I could still felt the tips of the grass poking at them.

Even if there was a good layer of straws protecting the crown on my head, somehow I could still felt the rays of the sun burning me.

Even if there were layers of cottons and silks protecting the bare of my skins, somehow I could still felt the wind cutting around me.

Even if I stood here where they were laid, somehow I still can't see them.

Even if I can't felt their presences, somehow I knew they were still with us.

When will I ever forget what you have given to me. This life and this family. They adored me.

Even the one who had yet to see me.

From afar, I saw my husband and sons racing around picking up after the loitering of others. This field of grievances was replaced by the values of family.

Seasons don't last, but life does.

"Fredrick!" I waved my hand high into the open sky. Then I called him again, "Fredrick!"

With a glance of my voice that had reached his ears, the wind knew where I was and directed him so. Without any other distractions, my husband climbed up the hill and embraced what we have.

"Dan," the scenery of a majestic day can never outdo the smile he has while calling my name. "Want to go home?"

"Yeah," and he kissed me like our first time. Fredrick held onto my hands and we slowly walked down the slippery hill of Evergreens.

The boys rushed toward me like they usually do, but stopped abruptly as they remembered my circumstances.

"Mommy, when is my little sister coming?" Freddie asked me as he rubbed my belly.

"You're silly, Freddie. Daddy told us she'll be here after my birthday," Glenn rubbed the other side of my belly.

"Yeah, I know. I just want to make sure in case she changed her mind like I did," Freddie frowned at his brother.

"So have you both thought about going to school?" I changed the topic.

"Bronx!!"

"What?" I raised an eyebrow at Fredrick who was still holding my hand. "That's a high school."

"Um," Fredrick looked away feeling quite guilty.

"They'll get bully," I hooked my arms around his neck. The kids also ran off to do whatever they were doing before.

"They asked what's the benefits of going to school and... I told them about my days at Bronx," he kissed the tip of my nose.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I wanted to get out of high school so bad," I laughed and he rested his hands on my waist.

"Well, because you didn't went to high school with me," he narrowed his eyes with a smirk on his face.

"We were too focus on staying on top of you guys."

"Wait. You went to Phillips?" I nodded guiltily. "But you guys never did outdo us."

I rolled my eyes showing him how childish he was. I pulled him to the car and buckled the kids.

"So, since you said they'll get bully, can I assume that you think they're as smart as we were when we were in high school?" Fredrick pulled out of the parking lot.

"What make you assume that?"

He looked at me with the weirdest look as if he couldn't believe what I just ask. I, on the other hand, was constantly looking at the backseats where Glenn and Freddie sat.