Could Fall

Dr. Vang was a beautiful, young, wise, and an independent lady. Almost too perfect.

I was in a room that felt like it was part of the Marvel universe-cool techs everywhere. Who is Dr. Vang? Really?

Speaking of the devil, as the clock stroked 3, Dr. Vang walked into the room with Estella closely behind her.

"Hello. How are you, Dr. Ferns?" She greeted me, "What is it that you want to meet me for?"

"I'm doing fine. And you?" She then nodded her head as if she just wanted me to quickly get to the point without all of the formalities. "Anyway, how true is it that the drug can revert romantic attractions?"

"Absolutely false." There weren't any hesitations, not in the slightest.

"Then, it was a placebo?"

"Well, yes. And since you're asking me these questions, can I assume that it didn't work on you?"

I really didn't know how I should feel. This meant that Fredrick really was trying to leave us, he only felt the obligations to because he thought it was his fault, and everything was psychological.

Well, he did have another girl pregnant. But that should not negated our importance.

"Then why did you claimed that it can reverse the romantic attractions, if it doesn't?" I wanted to know her true agenda.

"I'm sorry. That is classified information," she retorted like it was an answer. If I wasn't going to get any information from her, my place here was done.

"Thank you. That's all I needed," I grabbed my phone and wallet.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I am."

"Then, I have something to discuss with you as well. Please take a seat," she gestured to the seat my butt barely lifted from.

"So? What did you want to discuss?" I asked in annoyance.

"Will you and your child volunteer to be the main subjects for this research of mine?"

"I don't know. I would need to know more. Like why you performed the placebo in the first place," I stated the obvious.

"You see, you are the only one who was not effected by my placebo. There were three other couples who never got back together, while the other five never took the placebo. You are also the first to get pregnant out of the nine couples, therefore, if you are working with us, it'll also help the others."

"You still haven't really answered my question. So, why did you do it? As for the rest, I understand, but what are the costs? And I already have a job," I didn't really want whatever she was offering.

"As I said before. It's classified. However, if you're willing to cooperate, I will definitely tell you. Furthermore, you will receive $500,000 annually income for participating full time."

"Sure, but I make a million annually from my current job. What make you think half of it will buy me," I laughed. "And I really wasn't asking about the pay, I was asking about what are the requirements."

"Well then, Dr. Ferns. I will offer 2 million dollars and all you have to do is live here with us, where we can observe your every move," she was dead serious. When Dr. Vang announced 2 million dollars, Estella jerked a little. Is this unwavering woman desperate? I thought.

"I have two parents and a sticky friend, but I'm more concern about my parents. Where are they supposed to live?"

"They can live wherever they want. If they choose to live at your current place, they can come visit you everyday. However, I must remind you that just like how you got in, your parents and nosy friend must also go through intensive checking before entering and leaving each and every time, and that will be a hassle." She was making this quite the dilemma. I didn't know what to think, however, I did loved my job.

"Then, I must refuse. I don't see how it's worthwhile," I gave her a sarcastic smile. But instead of being irked, she imitated my sarcastic smile.

"It's a boy, y'know."

"Sorry?"

"Your baby. It's a boy."

"I still haven't had an ultrasound yet. Even Lora doesn't know, and she have seen tons of pregnant bellies," I didn't know why Dr. Vang was making such a strong and absurd claim.

"Well. She's not me. I know that your baby is a boy."

"Then, do you mind humoring me?"

She flipped her long straight hair and she lifted and crossed her legs, "Because, I do."

"Yeah, if we're going that route, then I'm done." It must be because of the drugs, I could felt it, but it must also be classified. But, how does this make sense? What does a double Y's do?

Instead of asking for another smart reply from her, I decided to ask Lora later. This time, I made sure I stood up quickly so that she couldn't stop me.

"Kang?" A little girl bursted into the room.

I widen my eyes noticing a child in the the room. I turned to Dr. Vang for an answer.

"My little sister. She's Rafela," she announced as if it was the most normal thing. I know this is a living space, but not for children. Well, normal children.

"Hey, Kang. I didn't want to bother you, but could you help me with the mice. They might be a little broken," her little voice was cute and adorable. I felt the need to say that I am not a pedophile.

"I'm coming," Dr. Vang said as she got up, "would you also like to join us?"

"Well of course! I didn't know mice can break," I shrugged my shoulders and followed closely behind them.

"Dr. Ferns?" I heard Estella's gentle fingers tapped my shoulders.

"Yes?"

"You'll have three days to think about it. Please do it before the baby is born." Once she was done, she returned to acting like a spirit helper.

What should Dan do?? I'm FR was stuck here for a while. I tried putting myself in Dan's place and just felt miserable 😭

His poor soul! He is so alone 🤧

Thank you for reading and voting and adding it to your reading lists!! (We got 200+ views so yah! And I'll add two chapters in one day when we hit the 1,000 milestone! Thank you!! ❤️❤️)