Slow

I got up to make breakfast. Of course we were a billionaire family, but I had convinced Fredrick that I'll do the housework if he donate some of his wealth to students. Which he agreed and now I was waking up so early on a Sunday morning.

While in the kitchen, Mrs. Wilson leaned on the counter with a glass of milk in her hands and simply observing me.

"Good morning, Mrs. Wilson," I cracked the eggs into a bowl.

"Umm," she smiled at me, "you don't seem like a housewife. You're more of, um...of a-let's see, a loving and hardworking husband."

"Well, I am, Mrs. Wil-"

"Call me mom already," she placed her cup and tied her hair into a bun.

"Sorry, I'll try," I pour the eggs into a buttered pan.

"Dan," she opened the refrigerator, "does Freddie still like finely chopped spring onions with his eggs?"

"Yeah, but please rest. The food should be ready soon."

"Are you trying to say that I can't help you cook food for my son and his family?"

"No," I turned to see what she was doing, but half of her body was inside the fridge. "I didn't mean that. So, please, feel free to help. I just thought you would prefer waiting."

"Dan, I'm not lazy. Did you think it was Junior who sustained the company while Freddie was a teenager?"

"No, that's not what I was implying. Sorry, if that-"

She pushed me away from the stove and started cooking, "You're pregnant, right? You should be the one resting."

"It's really fine. I can do it," I clapped my hands together and smiled at the lady.

"It's not whether or not you can do it. You shouldn't be so passive and submissive. Know your worth," Mrs. Wilson snapped at me.

"Sorry, if I came off that way," I tried to defend myself.

"You're saying sorry way too often," she glared at me. I didn't think Fredrick's mother liked me so much.

"Sorry," I apologized once again. Then before I could leave the kitchen, she told me to chop the spring onions.

"What else do they eat in the morning?" The woman scooped the eggs out of the pan and into a plate.

"Um, Freddie and Glenn like fruits with yogurt. I already made the yogurt and cut the fruits last night," I opened the refrigerator and pulled out two containers, "here."

"You should do those, I'll set the table; and is the soup also for breakfast?"

"Oh, yes."

"And grilled fish and rice," she raised eyebrows at me. "Kind of look like a full meal for me."

"Yeah, Fredrick like it that way," I assured Mrs. Wilson. "And isn't breakfast a full meal?"

"Again, do you really don't have an opinion in the relationship?" She grabbed the plates and bowls into the dining room.

Was that really how an outsider view my relationship with Fredrick?

She came back and said, "I'll finish up here. Go wake up your husband and kids."

I did as she said and went upstairs. I couldn't decide who to wake up first, but I heard Fredrick's phone ranged. He stood up and answered it, so, I went to the kids' room.

I slightly slide the curtain aside to let some light in. Then, I heard a few chuckles passing between Freddie and Glenn and went to sat on their bed.