2

"Can't believe I'm officially down to one of you idiots," I teased. I pat PJ's shoulder as he let out a chuckle.
"Yeah, you're stuck with Chris now," PJ smirked.
"How could you do that to me?" I laughed.
"Hey." Chris hit my arm. "I'm not that bad."
"I'm just messin' with ya," I smiled.
"Boys," Sophie cheered, "would you mind if I snagged my husband for a bit?"
"He's all yours," I said.
"Thank you, darling," Sophie beamed. "I'll get him back to you as soon as possible."
"I appreciate it. Also, Sophie..."
"Yeah?"
"You look absolutely stunning."
"Thanks," she blushed. "Come on, love."

Chris and I walked over to our table and took our seats. We slowly drank our drinks as we watched all of PJ and Sophie's family get acquainted with one another.

"This is sickening... there's no decent single guys here," I frowned.
"There's that twink you've been after for god knows how long."
"Where?" I asked.
"Near the back door."
"I'll be right back," I said.

I got up from my chair and walked towards him. He looked cute as ever. He was wearing a black tuxedo, with a powder blue bow tie, and a pair of studs to match. His messy, curly hair flopped in front of his face, no matter how much he tried to fix it.

"Hi," I said.
"Oh... it's you..." he snarled. "What do you want?"
"I wanted to say hi."
"Great, you said it. Bye now," he waved.
"I'm trying to have an actual conversation here. Are you really gonna send me away?"
"Mhmm."
"Come on, pretty boy, don't be like this."
"Stop with the pet names, creep."
"Fine, I'm sorry, I won't do it again."
"Good."
"Wanna dance?"
"Fine," he said, "as long as it's clear that I'm not going home with you tonight."
"Huh?"
"I'm not an idiot. Most one-night-stands happen over the course of a wedding. Normally, it's a groomsman chasing a bridesmaid, but hey, this is close enough."
"Yeah, I get it, you're repulsed by me. I'm just asking if you want to dance."
"Now, now, I wouldn't say repulsed," he said. "You're very handsome—your personality just ruins you."
"How so?"
"You're sleezy, shallow, and only in it for the sex. If you were a hopeless romantic searching for the love of your life, then maybe I'd see you differently."
"Oh jeez, you're one of those sad, lonely people that lives vicariously through other people's love lives, aren't you?"
"I don't have to dance with you, y'know." He raised a brow and sipped his drink.
"Dan," a lady called. She was holding a slightly sleepy toddler on her hip as she rushed to Dan's side.
"Yeah?"
"Would you mind holding Oliver while I went to the bathroom?"
"No, not at all." He set down his drink and grabbed the child from her arms.
"Thank you," she sighed. "I'll be back in a few."
"Okay, take your time," he mumbled. "Hi Ollie," Dan said in a childish voice. I scrunched my face as rolled my eyes. "What?" Dan chuckled.
"I don't like kids," I said. Dan looked to the toddler and smirked. "What?"
"Nothing," he laughed. "If you don't like kids, then you don't like kids. It's not a big deal."
"Really? You'll still dance with me even though I despise all children?" I teased.
"Yes," he giggled.
"Thank you so much," the lady sighed.
"No problem, Hazel." He gave the kid back and leaned against the wall. "So how 'bout that dance?"

I held my hand out and waited for him to take it. We made our way onto the dance floor where I insisted on leading the slow dance. Queen's Love of my Life was playing over the speaker and Dan smiled to himself.

"What're you smiling about?" I asked.
"Nothing, it's a good song."
"What would it take for you to go out with me?" Dan rolled his eyes. "No, I'm serious."
"Well, I guess you couldn't be an asshole, respect me, and maybe be a little spontaneous, I don't know."
"Why spontaneous?"
"Life's more fun when nothing's predictable."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Marry me."
"What?"
"You heard me."
"You're drunk."
"So what if I am? Marry me."
"I'm not gonna go and marry someone I don't love."
"And how do you know you don't love me, kitten? You barely know me."
"I know enough."
"But you don't."
"You don't want to marry me, Phil."
"Come on, Dan. Live a little," I smirked.
"Fine. Let's do it."
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah... I am."