Chapter Three

Max's POV
-----------

"Hey, Max you alright?" Nikki asked noticing the blush on my face still "Your face us a little red"
I look away "I-I'm fine probably just a little hot" I made up a quick lie looking back out at y/n, she notices this and gasps.
Oh god, Nikki, I think to myself "DO YOU LIKE-" I quickly cover her mouth with my hand.
"Shut up! And not so loud! And so what? I don't."
She moves my hand down "Pfft sure you don't if you don't then why did you blush even more when I shouted it? Hmmm?" She smirked at me "Because..." Shit, I can't think of a lie. I shrugged, "Just because"
"Hey! Come on that's not an answer, sooo you like y/n you like y/n!" She repeated herself a few times.
"Shut up! And so what if I do?!"
"So what pfft, this is what friends do, freak out over their friend's crush and trytogetthemtogether" She said the ending pretty quick
"Wait, what?"
"Nothing!" She sang
"Mhmm? Really what did you say?"
"Trust me, Max, it was nothing."
"I don't think I can trust you with that information" I shook my head
"Probably not!" She smiled at me. We finally got into camp, I rushed over to the mess hall, I was starving I watched Nikki hoping she didn't walk over to y/n, luckily she didn't but instead Neil, and y/n had moved on to wherever the hell she was at.

Y/N's POV
-----------

I talked to Neil a little longer, and a little later I heard the girls name 'Nikki' yell something, I'm not exactly sure what it was but I was confused when I saw Max cover her mouth quickly, I slowly nodded and walked off to meet someone else.

I noticed this one kid who looked like a theater person, like really, does he usually wear that or..? Whatever, I walk up to him and wave with a smile.
"Why hello there!" I say trying to sound polite or at least happy.
"Ah! Hello there! I am the one and only Preston Goodplay! And your NAME?"
"Uhm, its y/n."
"Oh I LOVE that name it sounds so adorable!"
"Oh! Well, thank you! How sweet, anyways, I was wondering if you were in the theater camp or part? Of camp? Yeah..." I have no idea how to put that
"YES, WHY DO YOU ASK?"
"Please calm down a little, and I was just wondering considering that of what you're wearing."
"Ah yes, of course, sorry about that, and indeed I am wearing this." he poofs the fabric around his neck
"I've always loved plays and musicals especially Heathers"
"Awe YES IM so glad you like those as well!!" He's so esthetic and enthusiastic, it makes me chuckle a little.
"Well thank you for the smile, and meet, but ill be going to meet another camper, goodbye" I wave as he bows I laugh walking off to some kid with a... a Fishbowl over his head? I won't question it for now... He's playing in the dirt with a rocket ship toy, huh alright.

"Hello, there uh-?"
"Space Kid! Or at least that's whatever one calls me here" he says cheerily.
"Alright then space kid, I'm y/n, and I'm guessing you're in love with space?"
"Yes! Very! It's so fascinating and mysterious! So many stars and planets! Anything could be out there!" I sit by him patting the dirt in front of me in a bored manner.
"Yeah, I always thought it looked so amazing and beautiful"
"And it is too! My uncle even said so I'm so excited to go to space this summer!" he says waving the spaceship back and forth in the air. I nod and go along with it.
"Yeaaah, alright," I say not knowing how to continue.

Max's POV
~~~~~~~

"Ugh why she in the dirt with space kid he's so dumb," I say to myself looking outside at the two, I get up finish eating and walk out to Nikki and Neil, trying to avoid eye contact.
"Hey, Max!" She says happily, I roll my eyes and wave still walking to my tent where the other two are. I get in my tent and peak out seeing her smile, her smile was so cute-wait, no stop that don't think that.