Chapter Twenty

Max's POV

She looked so tired but cute, I continued to play with her hair, she was smiling while I did, I wonder if it felt nice. But I kept doing it anyway, it was silent for a little while.

"Hey, you wanna get up now?" I ask getting tired and bored.
"But you're comfyyy and I love iiit" She snuggles her face on my shoulder, I pat her head.
"Come on, I'm getting bored."
"Pfff" I stand up and all you hear is her face fall into the uncomfy pillow.
"Damn." I hear her mumble in the pillow.
"I think I'm gonna rest though." She says waving not moving her face from the pillow, I shake my head with a smile and put and hand in my pocket and leave her tent. I go and look for Neil and Nikki.

"Hey Neil, hey Nikki, what are you two up to?" I ask nonchalantly.
"We were about to go in the woods and do whatever we wanted honestly." Neil answers.
"Yeah, we can go look for wild animals like bears and more platypus!" Nikki says full of interest.
"Uhm, I'd rather not." Neil points out obviously not wanting that.
"Well do you have a better idea? Hmmm, Neil? hmmm?"
"Well-"
"That's what I thought! Onto the forest to look for animals!" Nikki Interrupts Neil and grabs both of our wrists dragging us into the woods running.

"God, slow the hell down Nikki," I say almost tripping for my third time. She comes to a complete halt making us flying in front of her.
"Nikki!" Neil yells having landed in front of a tree, I, on the other hand, stuck the landing. I walk over to him and help him up, we then walk back to Nikki.
"Guys hurry up! I might be hearing somethin' over here!" She says excitedly and jumps a bit. Once we catch up with her, she hurries over to have she heard the so-called sound. Niel and I hurried behind her not wanting to lose her since she seems to know her way around the place, how? I don't even know.

~Time skip~

We are now running away from a platypus we found, this isn't good it's catching up and the stupid or smart idea is that were running towards the camp.
"DAVID GWEN HELP" One of the two yelled out I wasn't paying attention to what was going on from fear that a cute animal could injure me badly within a minute.
"NIKKI WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY OR DO TO IT?!" I yell at her.
"I THINK I SAID SOMETHING OFFENSIVE?"
"CANT YOU JUST APOLOGIZE TO IT?" Neil calls out.
"I WOULD BE ITS A LITTLE BUSY CHASING US AND ALL!"
"JUST FUCKING DO IT ALREADY!!" Neil and I yell at her.
"FINE FINE HOLD ON" Neil and I kept running as fast as we could, Nikki slowed down, the counselors and campers were now confused about our yelling and screaming conversation. We hurry down and were panting. Holy fuck that's a quick little thing.

We get two the adults and ask for Band-Aids for our cuts, and got water bottles cause we were dying of thirst, Nikki got down a few moments later without it thankfully, and she looked as bad as we did which I'm pretty sure that's a good thing for her.