Chapter Thirty-Two

We got back into camp, we stopped holding hands so the other campers wouldn't assume anything and be right even though we'd tell them they're wrong either way.

"Thanks," I say to Max. "I loved that," I say delighted.

He blushes "Uh, Yeah, hah, so did I."

We make our way back to the camp. David sees us and rushes over.

"Y/n! Max! Where were you guys! You've been gone forever! Nikki had told me that you were in the woods but you were gone for quite some time though!" He says freaking out.

"Calm down Camp Man, It just took some time to get them." Max rolls his eyes

David shrieks, "Y/n? are you alright what happened to your leg?" I hadn't noticed, I'm so used to the feeling, I mean it stings but I'm fine. Just a.. quite a few scratches on my legs from the tree.

"I'm fine David. I didn't even notice till you pointed it out, its just a few cuts and scrapes from climbing a tree and laying around in it too." 'Camp man' Sighs in relief.

"Alright, thank goodness. Max are you alright?"

"I'm fine 'dad'" He says with quotations and in such a rude tone too. I chuckled while David just fuckin' beamed at that.

"MAAAX THAT'S SO SWEET OF YOU. Sorry, I'm just really happy right now." Max rolled his eyes

"Yeah, of course, you'd think so." He says obviously annoyed at the taller man. "Don't even think about what I just said, that'd be great."

"Too late!" He said happily ignoring the quotations, he's just happy at that fact Max called him that, even if it was completely sarcastic.

"God damn it." He mumbled to himself, I could hear it still slightly smiling at the situation. 

He looked over at me, "What are you smiling about?" He asks sounding quite blunt.

"Nothing, just the situation you put yourself in," I say simpering at him.

"Aug. Whatever. Fucking hell David STOP" While this was going on he was just so happy, he took a deep breath to calm down, or at least try to, he was still extremely happy.

"Haha, Sorry Max, anyways I put up the next few activities only four for now! OH! And y/n? Would you mind sharing your guitar with the people of your choice tomorrow? It's guitar camp, and I thought you could share your guitar with Max, Neil, and Nikki? Maybe a few of the others of our choice?"

"I can do that, I'll probably only lend it to Max and Neil though, I don't know how Nikki gets if she might break it." The red-brunette ginned and nodded.

"And I could share with a few other of the campers if they want to participate too! Thanks, Y/n!" And he walked away.

"Wanna go check out the activities?" I ask, Max still has a slight glare but nods walking by me to the announcement board. Wait when did they get it? I don't know nor do I care at all.

"Wanna be partners for the ones it apply's too?" He asks looking up at the board, I nod in agreement, "Yeah"

"Tomorrow Guitars, Thursday sailing, Friday best chef, and the winner gets a sort of prize, and Monday is creative writing. Huh, The only one I'd be good at is Guitars and baking." I shrug.

Max looks over "You know how to bake?"

"Yeah pretty good too apparently, my siblings adored it when I made sweets, which I'm sure will be the type of theme if their even is one, and I feel like David would like that a little more than something healthy." I squint my eyes looking at the list. "Yeah so if that's some sort of a theme we have to follow we could win for sure," I say confidently.

"What's the dumb prize though?"

"How in the hell am I supposed to know that, I'll just go ask David for you," I say already walking to David, sadly, he's with Daniel at the moment, but if he doesn't do anything then he's fine.

"Hey, David?" I ask looking up.

"Hm? Oh yes, what is it y/n?" He smiles and crouches down to my height.

"What's the prize for the best chef?" 

"Ah Y/n! I'm not going to say anything till then, Sorry." He rubs my head messing up my hair 

"Hey!" I try to put it back into place, he stands back up and continues with Daniel. That seems strange to me.

Max walks up, "He tell you yet?" he seems enthusiastic as ever. "What's up with your hair?"

I huff "He messed up my hair and didn't tell me the fucking prize."

"Y/n! Language!" He says looking back at me

"What are you gonna do Camp man?" My mood has completely turned and I don't know why.

Max smirked but David glared and shook his head, I think he knew that he couldn't do anything but call my parents about my behavior, and probably send me to my tent, or if he really wanted to he could get Gwen to deal with me, Max had told me that she had to with Nerf but Psychology wise and not actually having to yell at him and just taking a different approach. David sighed and continued his conversation.

"That's what I thought." I nod once and walk off.

Max catches up "What was that about?" You could hear him smiling in his voice.

"I don't actually know, I mean, it just happened but who cares really that I did that?" He nods.

"Yeah, good point. I mean David probably did but I don't care much." He says shrugging and having his hands in his pockets.

"Most likely, But I'm sure it'll be alright. I mean, It's David, he'll get over it, right?" I question.

"Yeah, he'll be fine, trust me."

"Alright good. Whelp I'm gonna go hang out in my tent for a while probably play something I don't know, but, uh, thanks? I don't know but I really loved today, so uh see you tomorrow." I give a hopeful like smile. He looks around for a second and gives me a hug, long enough for me to hug him back. We say goodnight and go back to our tents. By now it's like about 930-1000 at night obviously.

So I get in my tent change, play a little song without lyrics and fall asleep.