Thirty-Eight

David's POV

I wake right up at seven in the morning, I decided to give myself an hour to sleep in, and my interview is at noon so I have some time to get ready. I go to the mess hall to get some breakfast for myself, I start eating and Max comes in with the coffee is drinks every morning.
"Hello, Max!" I say joyfully, "I'll be at the interview around 1150 so I'm there early just in case." He nodded sitting in front of me, no one was awake yet or just wasn't eating yet. Saturday they do what they want to.
"When do you think they'll give you the answer?"
"Probably this weekend or Monday," I say taking a bite after I tell him.
"Alright good. What if they don't tell you by then?"
"Then I'm still bringing you with me." He nodded and took a few more sips.
"Okay. Good." He lightly smiles. I'm so thrilled that he'll be with me and not with those terrible people.
Max then got up to grab some food, he sat where he was before, he looked pretty tired.
"You alright, Max?"
"Yeah just couldn't fall asleep last night." He shrugged and I nodded.

Max's POV

I wasn't lying when I said I couldn't fall asleep, really, I couldn't.
I just hung out in my tent Neil fell asleep quickly so I couldn't talk to anyone. I wandered around the woods, not too far though. Finally got tired and went back to fall asleep. 
"So what will you be doing today?" David asks.
"Nikki said that were going into the forest today with the other three."
"Other three?"
"Two whatever, it's just me, Nikki, Y/n, and Neil."
He nods, "Alright, Gwen will be in charge of the camp and Daniel will be around to watch how she runs it so he can do the same hopefully."
"Hopefully?"
"Mhm," we take another bite, "Because I've noticed him with you guys."
"You have?" He nods
"Of course I do Max, I even yelled him, I haven't apologized yet though." He sounded worried at that. "I think I'll do that now." He stood up but I got him to sit back down.
"NO. Do NOT apologize. David. You did the right thing. He needed to know that he shouldn't be doing what he was doing." I'm kinda shocked that he yelled at him.
"Huh? But Max maybe I went too far? And what did he do?" 
"You didn't David. You're fine. And he just bothers and vexes us all the time. The other night I heard Y/n yell his name. But I don't know what he did. Bothering her probably." I say nonchalantly.
"Alright, thanks Max," Smiling again, I guess that's good, he seemed worried about not saying sorry.
"Yeah? But seriously. Do NOT apologize to him. He'll be fine without it." He nods and I put away the tray and throws away some of the food I hadn't eaten. As soon as I do Nikki and Y/n come in talking and Neil behind them neglecting the conversation.
"Hey, Max what's up?" Neil asks walking up to me.
"Nothing much just finished eating."
"Did you eat with David?"
"Mhm, sadly. Why do you ask?" I say the first part a bit quiet but not to quiet so it looks weird.
"How come?"
"He wanted to talk to me and I had to talk to him about things? Okay?"
"Jeez, yeah, okay."
"Hey, Max have you eaten yet?" Nikki asks, I nod, "Alright good, we'll eat and then we'll go off into the forest to explore!" She points in the woods would be at.
"Alright kids, don't get lost and remember to have fun!" David happily says walking out after putting the tray away.

Once they finish eating Nikki immediately jumps up on the table, "LET'S GO!!" She then runs out if the mess hall with us following behind her quickly. She sprints to the edge and waits there for us.
"HURRY UP YOU SLOWPOKES!" She chants
"Were coming just hang on!" Neil calls out. Nikki proceeds to gravitate towards a tree holding onto a branch. We all get up there and she falls off and continues on to find weird or different animals to maybe catch.
"So are we just gonna adventure out and find weird shit for the day?"
"Yep! and it's gonna be great! I hope." She looks around sniffing the air "OO I wanna go this way!"
"Were following you so just go wherever you wanna go." Y/n shrugs.
"Aaaalright!" Nikki laughs and starts running on all fours. We follow along."