Missing

Hey peeps! Just a short thing cause I'm bored and stuff...

*Inej and Kuwei chat*

Inej:  .......  I'm depressed

Kuwei:  I'm like two rooms away, just come and talk to me

Inej: Fine.

Inej locked her phone, tucking it into her legging's waistband and going to Kuwei, in his bedroom.  He sat on his bed, checking something on his phone.  Inej jumped onto the bed beside him, settling next to him, holding onto one of his arms with lazy hands.

"What's wrong Inej?"  His voice slid over her bones like music, so much different from the grating rasp of Kaz.  His face strong whereas Kaz's was all angles.  Inej lifted a hand and brushed the hair out of his eyes.

"You need a haircut."  Kuwei shrugged and Inej took her hand away.  She played with a thread at the end of her shirt and thought about how to softly tell Kuwei what was tormenting her.

"I–Kaz texted me and we were going to meet up when he got upset because it had been like the anniversary of ten years knowing each other next Wednesday.  I told him I was going out with you though and he... well he got upset."

"So that's what's depressing you?" Kuwei questioned, raising a single brow, and Inej looked up at the ceiling.

"Ugh!  Why is staying friends with him so hard?!  I still need to ask him about the deal between him and Wy.  Speaking of Wy, we need to go visit them."  Kuwei nodded, he had only met everyone once, except Kaz, who had been away.  

"Everything will be fine.  Don't stress about it.  I'm sure Kaz won't stay mad, he couldn't hold a grudge for a week against for for your four-year-aversary with your boyfriend, right?"  Inej nodded, knowing he was right.  Kuwei pulled her close to him, and Inej still couldn't help but compare them.  For some reason Kaz kept popping up in her mind.  Kuwei said,

"What are you thinking about?"  Inej shook her head, closing her eyes.

"I'm tired."  Kuwei rolled his eyes, at least, she could sense it.  Inej opened her eyes and he shifted, kissing her nose.

"You sweet little fool.  Kaz won't hold a grudge against you, he'll probably forget."  Inej melted against him as Kuwei kissed her.  Inej held his face in her hands, and she was pushing closer to him as her phone rang.  They froze, and Inej slowly pulled away, looking down.  A text, from an old group chat with all her friends.

Wy: KAZ IS MISSING INEJ

Jes: I THINK THE FOOL HAS GONE AND GOTTEN HIMSELF INTO SHIT KNEE DEEP.  

Nina: She lives in Ravka idiots.  She doesn't need to know these things.

Jes: Bitch, shut up.  Her ex-boyfriend/ best friend ever is gone, and you're telling me not to inform her?

Nina: *shrugs* Did we ever really like him anyway?

Hey guys!  I have soccer tomorrow so I should go to bed, but I'll try to update Her Monster's Wraith soon, I've just been trying to get this book started.  Hope y'all are liking it so far, hope it is interesting.  Please comment any suggestions or things you want to see and pardon any spelling mistakes!  Vote and comment!

-MOJ

P.S. I'm sorry for the horribly short chapters, can't promise that will be fixed.  it might be many short chapters...