Crash

Nina awoke to her alarm blasting opera music.  Sleepily she slapped at it until it turned off.  It was so early, but it was time to go bake pastries fresh for the day.  Dragging herself out of bed she took a quick, ice cold shower to wake up.  Then, Nina threw on a simple white tee and jeans and sneakers, tying her hair back in a braid.  She'd long since forgone her usual make up.  Locking her apartment and going out to her car her phone started to buzz.  Nina sighed, picking it up.

"Nina Zenik, how can I help you?"

"Nina!  I've been trying to get you since yesterday night, where have you been?!" her mom exclaimed.

"Sleeping, mother." 

"Sorry to wake you Nina."

"No- I was just going to work," Nina groaned, pulling out of the parking lot and starting down the deserted streets.

"Oh. Well, we need to meet for lunch or something. I have to show you something!" squealed her mom.  Nina smiled sadly to herself, deftly swerving around the rotting deer carcass that had been on the road for five days now.

"Mom, I cant take off work."

"But Nina-"

"Just tell me, mom."  Her mom took a deep breath and then gushed,

"I got engaged!"  Nina sat there in shock for a moment, and then she hung up, sadness and anger roiling under her skin.
Then she started to cry, her tears blurring her vision.  Why was everyone getting what they wanted, but she was stuck without Matthias.  Nina cried harder, shaking with sobs.  The darkness and her tears blinded her so much, and her tiredness, that suddenly the car was out of her control.  Nina didn't even care anymore.  So what if she died?  At least she's be with Matthias. 

Nina felt the hit before pain even registered, but by the time pain hit hard she had already blacked out.

———————————————————-

Hey guys!  Just wanted to get this out before school!  Hope you liked it, please pardon any mistakes (and the rushed, awful writing). I'm on the bus, on phone, rushing.  Haha.  Awaiting your votes and comments!!

-MOJ