Déjà vu

Kaz paced angrily. What was wrong with him? Anyone that ever got close to him was always hurt.  He raked a hand through his hair, angry at himself.  Why hasn't he just forgiven Inej?  None of this would have happened if he had.  And when did Evalin turn psychotic? Nothing made sense anymore. His friends had turned on him and Nina was gone and Inej was as good as dead. Kaz had been there for four hours, and he was getting an odd sense of déjà vu. 

"Mr. Breaker?"  Kaz looked up at the nurse, worry glinting in his eyes.

"Ms. Ghafa wishes to speak with you."  Kaz hurried over and followed her back.  The hospital was much busier this time, and people rushed past them, shouting things. 

"What's going on?"  The lady looked over her shoulder at him.

"I don't know."  The wailing of ambulances taking off filled the air and Kaz rubbed his chest, feeling that something was off.  Soon they came to a room and Kaz thanked the woman, slipping in.  He looked down at Inej, and he stared back up at him.  She was covered in bandages and her face was beat up.  Kaz couldn't say anything, he didn't know what to say.

"Kazzy."  Inej's voice cracked as she said it and Kaz involuntarily slipped his hand into hers, a rueful smile playing across his lips.

"I'm sorry for everything Kaz.  I should have given you a chance."  Kaz squeezed her hand.

"I shouldn't have done those things to you, shouldn't have left you.  But Kaz, I never stopped loving you."  Kaz sat on the edge of the bed, and smiled.

"I have things to be sorry about also."

"She-she told me that you tried to commit suicide Kaz."  Kaz grimaced, he still had the scars. Could still feel the pain.

"I was going through a rough time." Inej raised her hand to his face, smoothing a soft finger over his cheek.

"I love you Kaz." Kaz put his hand over hers on his face, closing his eyes. It felt better than any kiss, hug, or word of forgiveness. It felt right. Righter than anything he had felt in a long time. Opening his eyes he looked down at her.

"Kaz, please forgive me." He couldn't speak. Could he forgive her for everything she'd done to him? After al, this time, could he open his heart back up to her?

"Kaz," she begged, and something else laced her voice. Kaz leaned down, kissing her cheek.

"I forgive you, 'Nej." Her hand slipped from his face and fell beside her with a thud. The monitor started beeping rapidly and Kaz looked down at her with fear in his eyes.

"Don't you leave me Inej." He didn't know what to do, there was nothing he could do. The light had faded from her eyes, and the monitor was a flat line. Doctors rushed in and pushed Kaz out of the way. He watched, detached, as they tried to revive her. After a short time the doctor called it.

"Time of death: 11:11 pm."

Hello peeps! So yes, I do know this is the third Kaz chapter in a row, but I just wanted to finish this. So, I'm really sorry about not updating and stuff, but my computer broke and I found my iPad but I didn't know what to write, when this came to me. Sorry, I know it's like I'm killing off characters and this book isn't very good, but I promise action is coming! A battle with Tante and Van Eck-spoiler alert. Haha, hope you enjoyed this, voted, comment, and pardon all spelling mistakes!

-MOJ