The Van Houden Residence

Fog slithered on the street, writhing around Kaz's feet.  He stood on a dock, Heleen in a boat. It was a skipper, he was guessing. "Inej would know" he thought with a pang. She's always been fascinated with the art of boating.

"Come here Kaz." She held out a hand. Kaz ignored it, stepping into the boat. He hated boats, every since he had almost died falling off one and not being able to swim. He just hated the water in general. Heleen looked at him sharply when he shivered. She captained it out into the lake until a small island came into view.

"Where, exactly, are we going?" Kaz asked. Heleen slowly pulled up beside a dock. This was her private island he assumed, he knew some people owned such things in the large lake that was more like an inland ocean.

"My private home to... discuss things." Kaz looked out over the lake, the choppy black water. Fog clung to the water and the ground. Setting a mysterious tone. It reminded him of a movie he and Inej had once watched. A servant tied the boat to the dock and Heleen stepped out, Kaz following. They walked up to her house, Kaz's cane clicking on the ground.
Tante Heleen flung open the huge doors and waltzed into the luxurious mansion.

"Hugo!" she yelled. A young boy came scampering into the room.

"Yes?" he asked breathlessly.

"Ready a bath for me. I'll be up in ten minutes, and have Gelia bring out tea and biscuits to the living room for us." Kaz examined the high-ceilinged foyer, painted a soft dove grey with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. A grand staircase led upstairs, but Heleen led him to the living room, where they sat across from each other on matching leather couches.

"So, what am I here for Heleen?" Kaz looked at her with a dead gaze and she waited a moment before answering, taking off her coat and kicking off her shoes.

"I want to discuss our agreement." Kaz rolled his eyes.

"I get what's going on Van Houden. I don't need you to keep telling me about it." Heleen was undoing her hair from its braid, the waves falling down her back. Kaz looked in her eyes and saw a lustful look in her eyes. She did not intend for this night to end without them talking- unless it was pillow talk, he assumed.
Kaz wondered when things had become all about relationships and not just about being business partners, friends, or enemies. She was dressed now in just skin-tight jeans, and a blouse. Kaz said,

"If you're intending for me to touch you I want you to know I am in no mood for that sort of thing." She gave him an innocent look, her young features softening.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Kaz looked her over. She wasn't too old for his twenty six years, she was most likely around thirty. An older woman came in with tea and biscuits, setting them on the wooden table between them.

"Just as you requested miss." Heleen nodded, and Gelia left. Kaz didn't go for anything, but Heleen poured herself tea.

"So, let's get to business."

"What kind of business?" he questioned warily, aware of every breath, every word.

"Well that depends entirely on you, Brekker."

————————————————————
Hola my folks! So, I know, hardly detailed and short, but I just wanted to get this out before I go to bed. Hope you enjoyed this little piece. I promise the deal will be revealed soon enough. Please pardon any mistakes I'm on my phone, and vote. Also comment!!!

-MOJ