Nighttime

So, just a little teenie tiny part after Jesper's part, keep in mind they have all just been texting, and Kaz and Heleen are gone

Wylan lay in bed, the children asleep, Jesper going to check on them one last time before joining him in bed. Wylan squeezed his eyes shut, but he couldn't drive away the feeling that he had and was letting down his family. Wylan was having a conference tomorrow, between Kaz and Tante Heleen. That stupid deal, all because he couldn't read. He should never have trusted Kaz and just signed. The door opened and Jesper came in.

"Hey," he said softly, kicking off his slippers and slipping into bed. Wylan looked over at Jesper. He loved him so much, but he couldn't keep disappointing him like this. Jesper clicked off his lamp and the room was plunged into darkness. Wylan felt a cold gust of wind a threw back the covers, stalking over to the window and looking up at the moon. Suddenly a hand grabbed a fistful of his curls and yanked him farther out of the window. Wylan yelped and Jesper called out,

"What is it?" Wylan didn't reply, he didn't need Jesper's help, at least not for everything. He looked at the vines growing on the side of the mansion where he saw Kaz.

"What do you want?" he hissed. Kaz looked... almost relaxed hanging onto ivy on the side of a building fifteen or so feet in the air.

"Just wanted to make sure you remember about tomorrow." Wylan rolled his eyes.

"Of course." Then he pulled back inside and slammed the window shut, locking it, pulling the drapes together.

"Wy?"

"It's nothing," he muttered, slithering beneath the covers. Jesper was on him in a moment, Wylan's hands pinned beside his head. Jesper's face dangerously close.

"Who–what was it?" Wylan just replied,

"It doesn't matter."

"If it could hurt my children it does." Wylan shook his head.

"They'll be fine." Wylan loved the feeling of Jesper's body pressing against it. To long, it had been to long since he and Jesper had shown the other just how much they loved each other. Jesper seemed to have the same thought, because he caught Wylan's mouth with his, kissing him slowly, and Wylan said around his lips,

"The children–"

"Are asleep." Wylan raised his hands and wrapped them around Jesper's neck, pulling him closer. Wylan took his mouth from Jesper's, taking a breath, but his fingers hastily found the collar of Jesper's shirt and pulled it up and over Jesper's head. Wylan blushed when he felt the toned muscle of Jesper's chest. Jesper just kissed Wylan's neck as Wylan's exploring fingers found his pants. Jesper paused as Wylan's brave fingers slid below his waistband.

"Wy–" Wylan cut him off with a kiss that stopped Jesper's protests.

(The next morning)

Wylan awoke with a groan, sore in different places. Jesper lay passed out beside him, a light smile on his lips. He climbed out of bed, padding into the bathroom and taking a quick shower, then throwing on some clothes and going to see if the children were awake, closing the door quietly so he didn't wake Jesper. Just looking at the clothes strewn on the floor and messed up covers made a blush creep up his neck. He didn't hear them, and they were normally up at this hour, but he wouldn't disagree with a little bit of peace and quiet for once. Going downstairs he made waffle mix, enjoying the morning silence. That's when he realized something.

It was too quiet.

Hey peeps! So, short little thing that I wanted to add to touch more on Wylan and Jesper cause I didn't so much last book. Hope y'all are enjoying this, please pardon any mistakes. Please vote and comment!

-MOJ