Chapter Eight

Kahit masakit sa kalooban ko ang hindi pansinin sina Becca lalong lalo na si Luke ay ginawa ko pa rin. Kahit anong kausap nila sa kin, hindi ko sila pinapansin. Mag-iisang linggo na rin ata ng huli ko silang kinausap. Hindi na bago sa kin ang mag-isa dahil yon na ang nakasanayan ko. Lumalayo ako sa kanila kapag nagtatangka silang lumapit sa kin. Maaga akong umuuwi kapag uwian na kaya nila ako naabutan sa labas ng campus. Hindi ko rin sila hinaharap kapag pumupunta sila sa bahay para kausapin ako. Kahit nagtataka si tiyang sa inaasal ko, hindi na lang siya nagtanong sa kin. Mas mabuti nga yon kasi walang dramahan na magaganap. Ayoko pa naman umiyak.

"Elle, and'yan ulit yong mga kaibigan mong foreigners. Kausapin mo na kaya." Sabi sa kin ni tiyang.

"Hayaan mo sila tiyang. Wala akong pakialam kung maghapon silang and'yan sa labas." Sagot ko na lang sa kanya.

Wala namang nagawa ang tiyahin ko dahil ayaw ko talaga silang makita at makausap. Bigla namang nag-ring ang cellphone na bagay sa kin ni Luke. Nakakailang miscall na rin siya sa kin pero hindi ko pa rin siya sinasagot.

Kahit saan na lang umaaligid si Luke sa kin. Sa palengke kung saan ako bumibili ng mga lulutuin ko. Sa drugstore. Sa mall at bookstore. Kahit si Luke lang ang nakikita ko, alam kong nasa paligid lang din yong iba. Stalker much? Kaya minsan naba-badtrip na lang ako kahit sino pa kinakausap ko.

*

Luke's POV

Why is it so hard for a guy like me to talk to a girl like her? It's so damn frustrating. It's been a week since she got mad at me for not answering her question. I don't know why she doesn't get the idea that I can't tell her anything. And I don't want to believe that my mate is the one that can break all evil even if she'll die trying. She's not Liam and Lorraine's daughter. She can't be. She's my Luna and she'll never be a part of something dangerous.

"Lucas, we can't tell her anything yet. She doesn't even know a thing. We nees to talk to her aunt about it first. Sooner or later, Marley will reveal herself to us." Mum said to me.

I didn't response to her. I never did since the day Ellie stopped talking to me or to my friends. Becca's in a badmood because of her gift that she can't even control. Jake's an ass. Paul never said any word and just doing his work. And Greg, he'd always smile at us.

It's so hard for me to move everyday knowing that she's mad at me. She's my mate. She should always be at my side. And when the moon comes, she'll be mine forever and I'll be hers. But as of the moment, she's making it so difficult to make it possible. She's making me feel like I'm the worst mate ever that existed. It's breaking my heart knowing thay she's not talking to me. I never thought that finding your mate can be this cruel. Nobody told me that love is not all that a mate can give you. Damn!

"Luke, I know she'll come around. Just give her time." Becca said while smiling at me.

"I hope so, Becca. I hope so."

*

"Guys! I found something!" Paul's voice echoed the room.

I got up as quickly as I could to attend to him. Paul showed me his laptop with an article about murder that had happende about 13 years ago. I even saw the faces of the murdered persons on the said article. They were Liam and Lorraine. The article said that a horrendous murder happened at a broad day light. The couple never expected anyone to come at their home. Nobody saw what really happened but almost everyone heard the noises coming from inside the house. There were screaming at laughing. The screaming stopped moments later and no one dared to go and check it out. Until a man in his late 40's came to deliver the family's groceries. He let his self in and saw the blooded bodies laying on the floor lifeless. He immediately called the police to report a murder that had happened. The police then saw a child coming out of the kitchen and she was unharmed. No one knows who killed the couple. The scene was so clean of any finger prints or anything that nothing can be of help for the case. The relatives of the victims moved away and put the house on sale after.