17. "Selfish."

Bria

I got up early to send Forest off to school, while I'd decided to skip...for the second time in my entire life. I pray it doesn't turn into a habit.

But I needed to dedicate the entire day to shit I'm putting off,

1.Prom Dress/shoes
2. Figure out college letter results
3. Get Forest some new shoes...he's practically bursting through his current ones.

I decided to begin with going to the mall to get Forest his shoes, since that required the least amount of energy. I checked the time on my phone to make sure Kids Foot Locker was open, and a text from Chris appeared.

|Chris💚: |
I'm sick :(( will you come take care of me ?

|Me: |
Ask yo father, or yo step father

|Chris💚: |
My dads are at work, and aren't you supposed to be in class right now?

Dads? Now he says "dads"?

|Me: |
I'm taking a day off to get my life together, don't worry I'm caught up on my work 🙄

|Chris💚: |
Day off ?? Let me come show you the new whip

I chuckled to myself, he's ridiculous.

|Me: |
Ain't you sick? And besides I got stuff to do today ..I need to shop for Forest.

|Chris💚: |
Mehhh I'm feeling better, I'll take you to go shopping.

|Me: |
Must you pick me up everyday ? I can go places by myself you know

|Chris💚: |
Omw 💘

Christopher

I smiled to myself as I got dressed to go get Bria. I quickly took a sinus pill and headed out the door. I was instantly met with the sight of my new Jeep, making me think..my life is fucking great.

Look how things have turned around, I used to sit in my room and draw pictures while my mom got drunk and yelled..finally I'm happy. If only she could be too.

My good mood was now ruined, thinking about how I'd have to talk to her like my dad told me to, at least now I'd have Bria with me for guidance.

I drove to her apartment which I'd been to so many times, I now discovered a short cut that'd get me there 10 minutes earlier.

I arrived and shot her a text, letting her know I was outside. She came out dressed in all black with a baseball cap over her face.

"Bri who the hell you hiding from?" I asked as she climbed in the car.

"Ooh this is nice." She said rubbing the dashboard of the car.

"Bria, what are you wearing? You hiding from the paparazzi?"

"No..I just don't want to run into anyone I know, skipping school. That could be bad."

It was hard not to chuckle at her antics, she's so paranoid.

"Mhm let me find out you got a side nigga you hiding from."

What if you're the side nigga? I thought.

Damn.

"Don't be ridiculous, I don't have no side niggas. I can promise you that. The real question is, what hoes do you still have on the side?"