42. Sleepover

So above is my Wattpad demographic, hello to my US neighbors, y'all are my main audience haha. Hello to the countries in Africa, Hi to Australia, India, UK, France, And Italy and the rest lol

Also, apparently 1% of my readers are Male so hi to you lmao

Bria

We entered the large condo, with every step I took the regret consumed me heavier.

I kept telling myself, only for Forest. Even still this didn't feel right.

"This is it. You like?"

"Yeah.." I kept my answer short.

"I promise to you. You have nothing to worry about. Stay here and get your life together, then leave."

There's no way.

"I..I can't do that. I'm not staying here, I'm not that dumb."

"You'd rather stay where you are now?"

"I'd rather get it together on my own than put me and my brother's wellbeing in someone else's hands."

He stared at me for a second.

"Are you ready to do that?"

"I don't have a choice. I'm gonna have to be ready." I said, not only assuring him, but myself also.

If there's anything I've learned from leaving my mom's house, taking care of Forest, dealing with actual problems, I gotta stop trying to do two things at once. I gotta stop trying to hold on to the life I want and face the one I have. I gotta grow up.

"You do realize you're at risk of fucking you and your brother over, right Bria?"

"I'm not letting him down again."

Braden

Man she's stubborn as fuck, but I've did all I could to change her mind.

"Will you take me home?"

"What's your plan from here?" I asked her, before giving her an answer.

"I'm putting in more job applications and I'm figuring it out from there, without any help from you."

"Any? Not even a job?"

"No offense, but I kind of want to keep our lives separate from now on." She said going outside and waiting for me to exit with her.

I stepped out of my place and closed the door.

I wasn't gonna tell her about my business, I like to keep that separate from my personal life. But my conscious refuses to let this girl struggle. I can't figure out why.

"Well I own a lil clothing store on the east end..I could hire you. It pays better than any other job you could get at your age."

"You own a clothing store, really?"

"How do you think I got this money? Pushing dope?"

Chris

I didn't here much from Bria for the rest of the school day, I did my after school cleanup duties, instead of going straight home, I went by her house. Just to check up on her.

When I pulled up I called her, no answer.

"Hey Chris!" I heard a familiar voice yell to me. I rolled down my window to see Forest walking towards my car, with his book bag still on his back.

"Where are you coming from?"

"I just got off the bus. Usually Bria is waiting for me, I don't know where she is Chrissopher."