38. "My uh...pants?"

Chris

Bria was knocked out. Her cousin still hadn't gotten back home, so this'd be the best time to leave.

I was putting my clothes on when I heard her phone blowing up once again. Why not just take a look?

I unlocked the phone with my fingerprint, and opened the message.

|Braden: |
Wyd tomorrow? I wanna see you.

I know I told her that I'm okay with being the side dude, but I ain't really mean it.

I decided to message him back.

Nah, I'm good.

A split second later he responded.

|Braden: |
Are you drunk? Who the fuck are you talking to?

I chucked and responded.

You. Pussy.

I put the phone down and left her room. Til next time I guess.

Bria

I woke up the next morning sore as fuck, with Chris no where to be doing. I shortly reminisced on last night with him. Damn.

I grabbed my phone to check the time, when I was met with almost a hundred text notifications. The words in the messages damn near caused me to leap out of the bed.

Bitch I should smack the shit out of you

Are you fucking trying to get hit?

Hello? Now you're quiet?

I was so confused; I opened the conversation and scrolled up. There was two messages from me to him that I most certainly did not send. This had to have been Chris. As badly as I wanted to slit his fucking throat, he ain't know how crazy Braden was..he was just trying to reclaim his spot.

Shitty timing.

I quickly responded,

I'm so sorry Braden, my cousin sent those. Good morning 💘💖🌞🌼

Hopefully his flip flopping self would go into his happy mood and I'd be okay. The emojis would sweeten the deal.

Aww I'm sorry. Tell your cousin I said hello😭I can be so aggressive sometimes. Hope you slept well gorgeous 💖

I sighed in relief and set my phone down. I left the room and slowly walked down the hallway, hoping no one was home still.

I pulled a Bobby pin out of my hair and picked the door I'd locked in me and Forests room. When I'd opened the door he was on the bed, watching videos on his iPad.

"Good morning Bria." He yawned.

"Morning kid. How'd you sleep?"

"Okay I guess. I woke up in the middle of the night because I thought I heard you crying in the other room, but I figured since you were with Chrissopher you would be okay, so I went back to sleep."

"How'd you know I was with Chris?"

"I heard you say his name."

My face instantly heated up in embarrassment. Lord it's a good thing it was just Forest.

"Oh."

"I'm mad at him, he didn't come say hello to me like he usually does."

"He was a little busy, cut him some slack Forest."

"I'm not cutting him anything! I can't even use scissors."

I rolled my eyes at him and chuckled. "You're something else, you know that?"

"Yes ma'am." He giggled.

Chris

I woke up to banging on my room door.

The second I opened my eyes my dad bursted through the door.

"WHAT THE FUCK CHRIS?!" He said lifting up my pants from last night.

Still tired as hell, I sleepily answered.

"My uh..pants?"

"Why in THE HELL am I doing laundry and I find this in the pocket of yoUr uH...PaNtS?" He said holding the wrinkled gold wrapper.

"You sure that is from my pants?"

"Nigga don't play with me-"

"Alright just let me explain. I was um, basically uh, I was uh tutoring Bria's cousin..he's in health class and is learning about contraception. I did a demonstration and put a condom on a banana."

He stared at me for a few seconds.

"Chris?"

"Yes sir?"

"You expect me to believe that shit? You've been fucking. How long have you been-"

"I wasn't!"

"Chris. You were. How long has this been going on?!"

"It..was my first time! God leave me alone."

He stood there.

"Go-"

"Can we talk for a minute?"

I sighed. "Yeah."

He came and sat on my bed.

"You're not acting like yourself Chris. Short tempered, angry, always in your room...you know I Uh talked to your teacher."

"Mr. Richardson?"

I looked up at him, his face was slightly tinted red. "Yeah..him. He told me about your lady troubles and how it could be distracting you. I could tell you really liked Bria, I know the break up is rough but don't solve it with sex-"

"Okay. I got it." I interrupted, trying to end the conversation.

"Chris I really did like Bria but if she's messing with your head like this-"

"Like Alex is messing with yours? You just can't stay away from him. He cheated on you over and over, said he wanted me out the house, called you all types of names..that's ridiculous. If that's what true love is like than I want no part of it."

"Don't make this about Alex and I-"

"No I will make it about you and Alex. You KNOW he's out with someone all hours of the night, but I bet he'd raise hell if he caught you blushing when I just mentioned Mr. Richardson. You ain't take this nonsense from mom, why are you taking it from him?!"

No response.

"I wish I could help you get your shit figured out son, but I gotta get mine first." He mumbled, walking out of my room.

a/n:
😩 this chapter was stupid; low key a filler for what's about to happen

I haven't updated in 25 years it feel like. Hope everyone has a good ass weak, you shouldn't even be reading this smh study for your finals!