32. Braden

10k!!! I GOT SOMETHING FOR YALL (btw if any of y'all seen my recent Wattpad activity..ignore. I've been binging Keith powers stories like a 8th grader 😭 they're so good I'm obsessed)

Chris

"My dad?" I asked him astonished.

"Yeah, your name seemed so familiar, when I talked to your dad at the conference that's when I knew."

"What did he say? When he saw you?"

"He uh..he didn't remember me." Mr. Richardson said sounding a bit upset.

"He's trying to work things out with his husband." I blurted out, spilling my father's business.

"He's- he's out?"

"You mean do people know he's gay? Yeah..."

"Could you tell him I'm proud of him, Chris? I know it's weird I just need him to know. Tell him Grant Richardson. Hopefully that'll jog his memory."

"I will, I promise you."

"Thanks Christopher. And uh, we can keep this between us, right?"

"Yeah, I won't bring it up."

"Good. You get to that girl, I'll sign the paper saying you've done your cleaning."

Bria

"You. Look. Shapoppin!" Devyn yelled as I stepped out the dressing room.

I was dressed in a tight crop top and jeans that were so distressed the were barely there. Cute, but not me.

"I don't think-"

"Bria. This isn't some high school makeover movie, I don't care to hear your input. I'm buying this for you now. Our makeup is done, we got clothes. Now all we're missing is a-"

She was interrupted by my phone ringing. She picked it up and rolled her eyes.

"It's him."

"Ugh. You can answer it." I told her.

"Gladly. Hello?"
"Yes this is Devyn."
"Bria is busy talking to this sexy chocolate boy in H&M but I'll tell her you called."
"No, I'm not lying."
"We're at the mall..obviously."
"What do you mean bet?"

She looked at the phone and sat it back next to her.

"He hung up." She said shrugging.

I didn't bother asking what he said, I don't care to speak to him. After Devyn bought our outfits, we decided to walk around and shop for a bit. We have all day.

We entered the Nike store since Devyn insisted she needed a new pair for gym.

I went to the women's section and looked at shoes my size.

"Excuse me," I heard a deep voice behind me.

I turned around and was faced with a tall, fair skinned boy with curly hair.

"Uh yes?"

"My sister's birthday is today, and um I kind of forgot her gift. Do you have any idea of what she may like?"

"Umm how old is she?"

"She's 16."

Hm. I looked at the racks of shoes and pointed to a pair of rose colored Nike Air Max.