30. "Why can't you just.."

lol I been quiet bc a bitch is having a rough time 🙃 break ups are hard as fuck. I feel like fucking up some shit so expect some crazy in these next chapters.

wattpad is a nice escape though. recommend a nice book pls :)

Chris

Work things out?

He's trying to work things out with this nigga? Are you kidding?

I can't sit in my room all night while I know my dad is trying to rekindle with this bitch who doesn't care about him?

I won't.

I grabbed my phone, which had a couple of texts from Bria I ignored, and shoved it in my packet.

I went downstairs where my dad and Alex were, and grabbed my key off the counter.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Out." I mumbled back to my father.

"You cause a lot of problems Christopher. Maybe your mom was right to put you out." Alex muttered.

"Don't mention my mother." I said before leaving the house and slamming the door.

I'm a different person. I thought to myself. When my parents were together, I wouldn't even think of speaking to him like that. Shit, even when I first began living with him when I left my mom I wouldn't have thought about speaking to him like that.

I need to apologize, right?

I turned around and walked up to the door, preparing myself to open it. But through the tiny window on the door, I noticed Alex and my dad lying on the couch. Unmoved.

I didn't expect my father to chase after me, but it seemed as if..it was nothing to him. They stared at the television and laughed at whatever was in front of them. He'd made his choice.

Instead of returning to apologize I continued walking to my car and hopped in. It's around 7 o'clock as of now, the library doesn't close until 9 on weekdays.

I took the fifteen minute drive to the library I always visited, but this time I wasn't greeted by the same woman who was always at the front desk.

It was a much younger girl with dark, dense curls going with her dark brown skin.

"Here for something specific?" She asked me, most likely noticing me studying her face.

"Uh where's Amy?" I asked her referring to the woman usually at the desk.

"She's on maternity leave and I'm interning, I'm guessing you haven't been here in a while."

"Guess not.." I said beginning to go over to my table.

"Wait. What's your name?"

"Uh Chris.."

"How old are you Chris?" She asked me, glancing at me fully.

"17, why?"

What's with these questions?

"Hm, well I was going to shoot my shot..but you're still a kid. Talk to me when you turn 18."

"I turn 18 next month." I told her, since she insisted I was a kid.

What's the point in entertaining it? You have a girlfriend.

"I see. Well I'm Addison, it's nice to meet you Chris. If you don't have too much to do I was hoping we could maybe get to know each other, the place is pretty empty tonight."

She was right, besides her and I there were only two other people in the library and it was a couple reading together in the corner.

I've never met a girl like Addison. A girl who just went for it. Usually I'm the one to do so.